Tyred.

A/N:- Death fic. Super emotional. Read at your own risk.

-----------

Mike stretched stiffly as he got up from his chair in the file room. He was so exhausted; he couldn't remember the last time he actually got a good night's sleep that wasn't on the floor underneath the file room table. He'd been pulling a few all-nighters the last couple of weeks because of a big case he was working with Harvey. Well, he was doing most of the work, Harvey would just implement it. It was quite annoying that the older lawyer was barely lifting a finger, but it was Friday, and they were pretty much almost done, so he prayed the man would take mercy on him and give him the weekend off. The blonde gathered his things and made his way towards Harvey's office. Surprisingly, it being almost eight o'clock, the brunette was still there. Mike knocked on the door, stepping in.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out." Just before he could quickly walk away, Harvey stopped him.

"Wait."

Mike groaned, turning back reluctantly. "Yeah?"

Harvey crooked his finger, gesturing the blonde to come in further. "The trademark assignment isn't filled out."

"What? I swear Mr. Davidson signed it."

"Well, he didn't. You must've forgotten to give it to him. You'll have to go fix it."

Mike grumbled. "Yeah, okay, I'll do it tomorrow."

"No, you'll do it now," Harvey replied, pushing the form on the desk over to Mike.

"Harvey, it's late, the client—"

"Is fine with you showing up, just text him before you go so he knows you're on the way."

Mike laughed humorlessly, wiping both hands down his face. "Jesus Christ, Harvey, I'm not a machine! Why can't I just get a break and go home?! I've been busting my ass for this case for the last two weeks, I'm exhausted!"

Harvey stood up with a pissed looked on his face. "Excuse me? In case you forgot, you work for me. Not the other way around. If I tell you to do something, you do it, I don't care what the time is. You signed up for this job. If you're too weak to handle it like I figured you were in the first place, then you can walk out the door and stay gone. Maybe I made a mistake taking a chance on you."

Mike clenched his jaw angrily. Harvey really was a soulless douchebag.

"So, what's it going to be? Why are you still here either way?" Harvey snapped as he went to sit back down.

Mike bit back the retort that was sitting on his tongue, grabbing the papers from the desk and turning to leave.

"And when you get there, call me. I need to talk to him once he's seen the paperwork."

The blonde just huffed, storming out of the office and getting in the elevator. He really couldn't believe Harvey; how come the guy was allowed to sleep, but not him? It seemed that he was nothing other than an associate. Not friends, not family, and probably barely even coworkers. Coworkers worked with one another as equals which wasn't how he was being treated. Once he got outside, Mike went to his bike before realizing the front tire was completely flat.

"Oh, come on." He searched his things, hoping to find money for a taxi or the subway, but remembered he left his wallet at home and only had a few stray dollars just enough for the bus. He hated taking the bus; the traffic was always slow and there were too many stops. He'd be lucky if he got to Mr. Davidson's before nine-thirty. God, could this week get any worse? Making sure his bike was locked up, Mike hitched his messenger bag higher on his shoulder and walked three minutes to the nearest bus stop. And of course, even at this time of night, the bus was still nearly full. He sighed heavily, finding an empty seat close to the back. As the bus started moving, he pulled out his headphones, stuck them in his ears, and closed his eyes, trying to let his anger fizzle out. He hoped he could get this over with and then maybe consider calling out sick tomorrow. Unless he was dying, it seemed like the only way he was going to get some sle—