Between Matter and Illusion

If anyone has noticed, I changed "The Red Buttocked Baboon" (the original name of the character) to "The Red Baboon" because it would honestly be demeaning if the thing he was known for was a red butt. So now he's known for red fur which makes more sense to be known for since who in their right mind would go around telling people they have a red butt enough to have it in their title?

Plus, with his eyes he's now the colors of the Lego logo.

Enjoy.

xxXxx

Years later.

"Remember when I used to think this place was heaven?."

"GIVE US THE TREASURE, RED BABOON!!!" Said someone before the roars of hundreds of warriors followed. "YOU AND YOUR SUBORDINATE DO NOT DESERVE WHAT YOU HAVE?!"

"Good times." Whispered Baboon wearing a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses and shorts from the top of a tree on a mountain as he stared at an army of warriors at the base of the mountain ready to attack him.

The Red Baboon couldn't say another word before the warriors began climbing the mountain to reach his location.

Baboon sighed before his golden yellow eyes glowed red as he called upon his powers. With little effort, the mountain became as steep and flat as a wall making it impossible to climb normally.

"Ahh, Legos. Bringing smiles since 1932." Said Baboon with a chuckle as he ignored as the pained groans and screams of those who fell off the mountain because of him. "Now, where was I? Ah, yes. Self care."

Baboon held out his arm as he once again used his powers. Legos began manifesting from thin air before fusing to become a bowl of trailmix.

"Some might say using godlike powers to make food is a dumb idea and to that I say 'taste these nuts'!" Said Baboon cheerfully as he scooped a bit of the trailmix and threw it in his mouth. "So good. I have it all. Absolute power, infinite food, about 32 life sized lego millennium falcons I've built over the past two days and most importantly of all, no one here to bother-"

"That was so cool!" Baboon spat out some trailmix upon hearing a child like voice.

Baboon immediately turned to the source of the voice to see a small dark furred monkey with golden eyes like his and...six ears.

"Huh? Guess I'm not the only talking golden eyed monkey out there." Muttered Baboon dejectedly.

"Can you teach me to do that?" The six eared monkey asked excitedly as his tailed wagged in the air.

"Kid, I don't even know who you are." Deadpanned Baboon tiredly.

Baboon couldn't say another word before the kid replied. "Macaque! Uhh, The Six Eared Macaque is my full name." He said shyly.

"Even his name is like mine." Muttered Baboon dejectedly. "Alright, Macaque, I refuse!"

"What?!" Exclaimed Macaque in shock as he climbed up the tree Baboon was on. "Why?"

"Because I don't know how to. Plus, you should do your own thing." Said Baboon calmly as turned to Macaque. "At least let the Lego powers be unique." He whispered under his breath.

"But I don't have anything like that." Said Macaque dejectedly as he clenched his fists. It felt like a lie.

Baboon paused before sighing as he felt a pang of guilt upon hearing Macaque's sad voice.

"Oh, come on. Everyone's good at something." Said Baboon with a smile.

"I have really good hearing." Said Macaque meekly.