A Rift of Brotherhood

"Hey, Macaque, do you know where Wukong went? I can't find him anywhere." Asked Gibbon calmly as she approached Baboon and Macaque before stopping abruptly. "What are you two doing?"

"Kinda busy right now!" Exclaimed a blindfolded Macaque.

"Learning echolocation." Said Baboon cheerfully as he spun a blindfolded Macaque.

Gibbon cringed at the sight, but refused to comment.

"Forget it, I'll just use chi or whatever to look for him-" muttered Gibbon before a loud voice cut her off.

"NO NEED!" It was Wukong on his cloud and he was loud as usual. "MONKEY KING IS HERE!"

Gibbon ignored the yelling as Macaque removed the blindfold wincing. Baboon just smiled through it.

"Looks like you're okay. No need to stay here then." Said Gibbon tiredly.

"Aww, were you worried about me?" Asked Wukong with a cheeky smile.

Gibbon wanted to retort, but he was right. She was very worried Wukong had gotten himself in some trouble like usual. And as much as she liked to deny it, she did care about the idiot.

"I hope you stub your toe." Glared Gibbon.

"Aww, I love you too." Wukong said cheerfully causing Gibbon clench her fist with the desire to punch him. "But that's not why I'm here. I've found a new friend!"

The other celestial monkeys were confused and surprised by this development.

"Dang, how many magic monkeys are there in the world?" Asked Baboon scratching his head.

"Oh no; he's not a magic monkey, silly." Said Wukong cheerfully before turning around. "You can come out now!"

Gibbon, Baboon and Macaque all stared at the area behind Wukong as his new friend came out of the bushes.

He had Azure colored skin, orange hair and a lot of muscle. Gibbon immediately recognized the entity as a celestial warrior she's seen a long time ago, but she stayed silent as Wukong started talking.

"This is Azure Lion. He used to be a celestial warrior, but not anymore."

Azure chuckled happily at Wukong's introduction of him before stepping up to introduce himself.

He was a celestial warrior who wanted to protect the weak, but realized that the jade Emperor only wanted to keep his subjects under his foot and thus decided to leave. He then heard of the monkey king and decided to meet him.

The lion was friendly enough, but Gibbon was not so trusting. Luckily, she had a way of finding out the true intentions of this fallen celestial.

The Eyes of Destiny.

They showed the fate of the celestial primates if they accepted Azure and if they didn't. The results were... confusing.

"I know he's not a monkey and that's our whole thing, but there's nothing wrong with more friends." Said Wukong cheerfully.

"No. He has to leave." Said Gibbon sternly. "He'll cause problems."

Azure's shoulder's dropped upon hearing Gibbon's rejection.

"Oh come on, Gib. You don't need to be so grumpy-" said Wukong before Gibbon cut him off.

"I can see destiny, you idiot. Accepting him would bring misfortune upon the three of us." Said Gibbon sternly gesturing towards Baboon and Macaque.