Six Ears Ahead

Just so you know, when I say years later I mean it could've been less than a few years to multiple decades.

xxXxx

Years later on flower fruit Mountain.

"Who do you think will win?" Asked Baboon cheerfully as he created a bucket of popcorn.

"You're asking if it isn't a predetermined fact." Replied Gibbon nonchalantly as she watched Macaque and Wukong in the distance ready to fight. "Or as if I can't see fate."

"Oh, come on. Cut Macaque some slack. He's been training real hard." Replied Baboon cheerfully.

"He's becoming the weakest out of all us. He used to be stronger than me, now even I just flatten him." Said Gibbon pinching the bridge of his nose. "Plus, he's imitating the guy he's fighting."

"Yeah, he's using his illusions less and less and starting to fight more and more like Wukong." Muttered Baboon with a sigh. "He's even hiding his ears to look more like him."

Gibbon frowned as she noted Baboon's sad expression before changing the subject.

"On another note, I've finally perfected a soundproofing spell. We can finally talk in peace about-"

"Our reincarnation? Why or how we're here? Why we're monkeys of all things? How I have the power to control legos? Why someone as smart as you mutters the theory of relativity in their sleep leading me to discover your past life?" Replied Baboon cheerfully as he took a scoop of popcorn. "Yep, don't care about all that."

Gibbon frowned at how Baboon figured out the truth. "I don't, ugh- forget it. How could you not care about that! It's important." she said before Baboon cut her off.

"Do you want to go back to your old life?" Asked Baboon calmly.

Gibbon flinched, completely repulsed by the mere thought of going back to her old life.

"Look, I don't know what life you had before or much of the life I had before and I don't care. Stop worrying about the past! Like a wise man once said: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why it's called the present." Said Baboon holding up a bucket of popcorn for Gibbon to take.

Gibbon paused as she thought about what Baboon said. He was right. There was really no reason for her to dig deeper into this.

Gibbon took the popcorn with a sign. "I can't believe I'm being convinced with a quote from a movie about Kung Fu fighting animals."

"Said the talking magic monkey to the other talking magic monkey as two other talking magic monkeys fought in the background." Replied Baboon cheerfully.

"...toucheé."

"Now that that's settled, I have some stuff to say to our little brother."

xxXxx

"Ugh." Groaned Macaque tiredly as he layed on the ground.

"Woah! That was real good! If you keep this up you might really beat me one day." Said Wukong cheerfully.

Macaque smiled happily at the compliment before he heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, you two done? I'm out of popcorn." Asked Baboon cheerfully.

"Yep." Said Macaque cheerfully as he got up from the ground. "What didja think?"