7: If you're on time, you're late

I was ready, but Elena was still in the shower. Time wasn't moving fast enough. I was nervous, and when I was nervous, I need movement. Waiting was eternal.

Tomas appeared in the corridor with a Viking hat and a plastic axe. I never tried D&D, but it seems interesting. How simple my life would be if my decision to make 'more teenager things' had been to play a role with Tomas.

"Do you go yet?" I asked him.

"Yes, the game will start in thirty minutes. I see that you don't go yet. I know Elene, she won't be ready until nine."

I sighed, "I don't want to wait so long. I will walk."

"But Lee's house is so far,"

"Not so far, I guess that it was three kilometers."

"Can you speak to me like a normal person?" it's funny that he thought the miles were 'normal'.

"Over one point eight miles," I said.

"It's too, besides you'd have to walk alone through the woods. It's more lit if you wait for Elene. Well, I'm dipping, see you later." He went downstairs.

Then Elena went out of the bathroom with a bathrobe. "Elena, I go yet. See you there?"

"Sure, send me the location. I see you later," and she gets in his room. She didn't look concerned about my solo hike.

I was listening to music on my phone until I arrived. The ride was over in a flash, especially because I used my powers to be faster. Sometimes, it's really hard to control these things. It's not my fault that people can't hit 15 km/h easily.

When I saw Lee's house, well, house is not the word, it's more like a mansion. I had heard that Jackson's parents had money, but I didn't imagine they have money at this level.

In the driveway was the friend of Jackson who was with him in the cinema. He was in a white pickup trying to down some beer barrels. I still didn't remember his name, but I was sure that we went to biology together.

"Do you need help?" I asked him

"Yes, thanks Dylan," shit he remembered my name. I looked at his face but nothing.

He picks up two barrels with difficulty. It was clear that he goes to the gym. His arm was like my leg, and I don't have thin legs.

He wasn't a heartthrob exactly; his hair was excessively engomido and his round face didn't help. His body on another side; although muscular isn't the type of body that girls love, it's the men's idea about the body that the girls love it. But, for some reason which I don't know what it's, I was hotter every time he flexed his biceps.

"Where do the barrels go?" I asked.

"It's a lot of weight, you take only one," I wasn't aware of his words; I was absorbed in my own thinking about other things about him. I took two barrels easily, and he stared surprised.

"What? I make something wrong." I asked, still didn't understand the situation.

"Not, it's, wow, you're stronger than you appear it,"

I had to make it look like I was lifting heavy loads. I always forget about which are my real physical capacities and which must be my capacities like a normal 16-years teen.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," I tried to muddle through.

"I see. Do you go to the gym?" we carried on our path.

"Nah, I'm doing my own exercise thing. You know, push-ups, running, sit-ups."

I wished that he didn't ask more, because I haven't made exercise out of PE class ever. And for me, PE is more like a theater class. My good form is mainly due to my powers. The benefit of your power can turn your caloric surplus into other things that it's not fat in an easy way is an extremely healthy and muscular body.

"By the way, why do you come?"

I didn't understand the question, he was there. "Jackson invited me."

"Yes, I know, but this's the fourth time that we invited you to our parties and you never come."

'Our parties', of course, 'our parties', he was Jackson's big brother, Percival. We went to Englis together. "I don't remember other invitations, Percival"

"Call me Percy; only my grandmother calls me Percival. And yes, for example, I invited you to another party for my birthday one month ago when we were in math class," okay, I perhaps have a problem remembering people and remembering classes. Maybe I need to speak with my psychologist about it.

"Well, parties aren't my thing. You know, a lot of people, noise, alcohol..."

"Then, what is your thing?"

I didn't know what to say; fortunately, we arrived at the backyard where Jackson was juggling fire with his hands while two girls were looking closely.

I wasn't moved, the fire powers are common between HEA, and although the flames were blue, this's less common. Anyway, my powers are rarer and more impressive, although it's not a competition. But if it was, I would win.

He said bye to the girls and came to help us out. He took one of my barrels, although I think that Percey needed more help than me.

"Hi, Dylan," he started to look around while we carried the barrels to the table. "How are you?"

"Great. If you're searching for my cousin, she arrived later," he made a disappointed face

"and so?"

"She was going to take an hour to be ready, and I don't have patience."

"I feel ya, bro. I have the same problem with Percy, he needs a lot of time to get pretty; for this reason, we prefer to organize the parties." He said trying to be funny.

"You're a real comedian," Percy said with a sarcastic tone. He left the barrels on the table and help me with mine. Then he went to the house.

"Well, we go prepare some things for the party. Enjoy it. See you later." Jackson said while following his brother. "Percy wait."

I took advantage of the situation and had a quick peek at Percy's back. At this moment I remembered the reason why I went to the party. And I felt guilty, I don't have to think of other people. After screwing up with Victoria, I should have learned my lesson.