10: Feelings and other shits

"Mom and Dad don't answer the phone. I guess they're in the movie." As for the voice, I knew he was Tomas.

"..."

"He isn't on the first floor. I'll try in his room. But it's so cool; our cousin has superpowers. Maybe, it's for mother bloodline, I want to fly."

"..."

"Okay, don't yell at me. I'll have tact," he went into the room and looked directly at me. "Elene, he's here. You call mom." He hung up. "Hey, bro. How are you doing?" He tried to approach me.

"Stop, please, stop. Don't get close to me," I stuttered.

He stepped back, following my request. "Don't be scared. I mean, you have superpowers, this is so cool" he tried to approach again, "besides, you saved a lot of people at the party. I trust in you, I know that you never harm me."

He was almost next to me, I got as far away as I could.

"You don't know anything.  Get out!" I yelled at him. "Please," I begged.

He thought that I was scared because of my powers. The way he was misunderstanding the situation was almost funny if it wasn't because I was terrified. He waited quietly on the stairs, and after five minutes I heard a car parking. I knew it wasn't Andrew, but my heart wished that it was. Elena went up the stairs after a few minutes.

"Hey! Mom and Dad are on their way. How is he?" she asked in a lower voice, not enough like I couldn't hear.

"Weird, he doesn't want that I approached. He seems very scared."

"Okay, I got this." She went into the room and looked for me. I was still sitting on the floor. "Hello cousin, how are you feeling? If you need something, you can tell us."

"I don't need anything, I want to be alone."

"Dylan ..." She tried to touch my shoulder. I moved aside from her "... are you scared of us?"

"Yes, I mean not. I'm not well."

I know it was ridiculous. Even without my powers, I don't imagine Tomas and Elena hurt me in any way. But, it was an automatic reaction, something physics. My body shivered, and I felt like my soul would want to escape from my chest.

"Dylan, please, speak with us." Tomas was now in the room behind Elena, looking at me with his big puppy-blue eyes.

I didn't know what to do. "I only want back to the past, please, now nothing is safe to me. I need to wait for Andrew and after I ..." I didn't know what would happen next.

"You shouldn't be afraid. Now you have superpowers, you resisted a ball of fire. Maybe, you will have to learn to control it, but it's so cool," Tomas said excitedly.

"You don't understand anything," I whispered.

"Well, explain it to us. We are your family and we support you," fucking Elena, this shit was working. I was so tired of pretending and lying.

"I'm afraid because I don't have my powers. I overcharged when I absorbed Jackson's flames. I feel like I was going to die at any moment."

They were silent. Elena stared at me, but Tomas avoided my gaze. She didn't seem angry like I was waiting. Actually, she seemed sad.

"Do you have powers before afternoon? Since when?" Elena asked me.

"I was born like this. I had my powers since ever."

"Why? We trusted you, and you lied. There is a lot of HEA; it isn't so rare nowadays." Tomas asked pretty annoyingly.

"Tomas, calm!" Elene said her brother.

"Not, he was a fucking liar. He thinks that he is so special that he can't tell us," he yelled at me.

I knew this was going to happen. I shouldn't have lied, or maybe I shouldn't have come to Wooden Town. I was alone for a long time, and I was well. But the thought of being solo again was so rough.

"I'm not special, but knowing about my powers is ... problematic. I'm problematic."

He turns back, "This is bullshit, dude. Your life isn't a movie. Having powers is cool. You have skills that others don't have." He moved around the room frantically. "You always seem so confident that the world cannot touch you, but five minutes like a normal boy and look at you. You think it is easy to be the normal guy, right? But you didn't think how the others around you would feel," he was right I had never thought about it.

"Sorry, I didn't want you to feel bad. I was so happy to stay in a place like this that I didn't want to ruin it."

"Dylan, never would we stop loving you to be a HEA," Elena said.

"My powers are not the problem, the problem is my parents." I started to cry; I couldn't avoid it.

The room was silent. Tomas was no longer angry; he looked worried and consternated at this moment. On the other hand, I wasn't able to read Elana at all. She wasn't an open book like her brother. The situation was more than any of us can bear. I only want stop to feeling so bad, so weak.

Then Andrew got in the room; my uncle and aunt were behind him. He was as composed as ever. I wanna be like him. He saved my life the first time that I saw him. But, that's another story.

"Hi, kiddo! A bad day, eh?" he asked me.

"The worst. Thanks for coming."

"No problem, I was passing through the area," he joked, then looked at my family. "Please, he needs calm."

Jerry took Elena and Tomas, and they left the room. Only my aunt stayed. Andrew and she exchange glances. "I staying just here," she said with confidence.

"Okay, then help me to take him to bed," Andrew answered.

I started to shiver again when he was close to me.

"Dylan, nobody is gonna hurt you. Especially, your aunt and me."

"I know, I'm sorry. I cannot control it, I'm sorry," it was true. I didn't feel the owner of myself since my dip in the lake.

"You don't need to apologize,"

Andrew helped me to get up off the ground, while my aunt opened the bed. First, he sat me down on my bed. He took a pill bottle from his pocket.

"Take this, with one you could sleep all night. I leave the other on your nightstand. If you wake up at night, you can take it. You will feel better tomorrow."

"Is it the same as the last time?" He nodded. I swallowed without a second thought. I was so tired. He helped me to get into bed.

My eyelids were getting heavy. He approached my aunt, who was observing from the stairs.

"What did you give him?" My aunt asked with a worried tone.

"It's only a light painkiller, without powers is very effective in him. Don't worry, nothing addictive."

"And his wound, we should go to the doctor."

"Not, it's necessary. He will recover his powers in a few hours. And the wound will heal itself."

"Are you sure? If it gets infected. "

"He doesn't have this type of problem."

"Okay, I'll trust you but  I need answers."

"I understand, but we should speak in another place. He needs sleep."