Chapter 1: Be Different ,Train different!

Those who know how will always have a job, and those who know the why will always be the boss. You must not only know how to play but also know how to win and continue to win. For you to be elite at your sport you must have knowledge of a coach not just of a player. Doing great on your exams and passing them with flying colors because you've studied the material in and out as if you are the one putting together the exam is an example of you knowing the "WHY". Luck does not exist, preparation and opportunity are what replace luck because it does not exist. Be a student of the game. Stay relentless about getting better and training productively. Be aware of the sport-specific movements the body goes through to succeed in different scenarios. Yes, Strength training is needed for the physical capability to perform sport-specific movements but you being able to create or add resistance or put yourself in uncomfortable circumstances while performing your sport-specific movements is the kicker in my opinion. Here's a great example: My friend Kam and I stayed out pretty late and decided to work on some ground balls while it was dark outside and the baseball field was.... let's just say a mix between quicksand and mud. It was hard as hell running and making plays in that mud. The moral of this chapter is to get you to be more mindful and start training those movements, not just the muscles. I see a lot of people complain about not having a trainer but in all honesty in my opinion you should have a mindset of a trainer not just of an athlete. Research, research and, research. Be innovative with the ways you use to get better and be different. What's going to separate you from all the other athletes that play the same sport you do? In this new age, you can Cater your social media or whatever it is that you use for entertainment to your likeness and endeavors, and success will happen naturally! Be obsessed with gaining knowledge to inch closer to your end result. Learn to love to learn how to become unstoppable and elite in any and every endeavor!