Chapter 3: Injury prevention

As athletes, our biggest setbacks are usually injuries. Being injured can make or break you. So stretching and working on mobility as well as your nutrition will help prevent injuries. When you're working out or creating a workout plan or following a workout make sure your mind is set on longevity. One tip that helped me build my body and helped me with preventing any potential injuries while working out and stretching is volume over intensity. Slow controlled reps are the best way to go about sets unless of course, you working on explosiveness. Don't be so set on sets, pick a comfortable weight and go until failure. Be different in terms of how you prepare and build your body for competition everyone is different. Always warm your body up as you would a car in the wintertime before you drive it. Also, you get tune-ups for your car after you've been driving it all over the place why not give your body a tune-up after all those hard-working hours or competition? Your body is your temple. The RICE method has always worked and always will. Rest, Ice, Compress, and Exercise. So if you can prevent your temple from being destroyed I suggest you build a great foundation and build on it every day every chance you get. Be Relentless and determined every day, second, every hour, every minute, every year. Greatness will become a reality!