F O U R

Season 5 x Episode 8

These Ties That Bind

---

Savannah stood at the main desk talking to Lexie, while also waiting for her to finish the article in her hands, just as she was finishing the article Dr Yang came in grabbing a file off the desk and accidentally nudging Lexie's arm in the process, making the younger woman wince in pain and grab onto her left arm, revealing multiple plasters on her right. Plasters covering where the interns had been practising inserting IVs. Yang looked down at her arms, seeing the plasters before Lexie could adjust her sleeve and cover them up.

"Um, these are uh, scratches from my kitten?" Lexie tried to lie, but her statement came out as more of a question than anything, "he's a crazy scratchy scratcher," she continued, Savannah placed her hand against her head, listening to her friend's obvious lie.

"You're a cat person?" Yang asked, tilting her head at the intern, the blonde looked back over to the two women, waiting for what was going to be coming out of Lexie's mouth next.

"I meant hairbrush," Lexie hesitated, looking at the ground and then back up to Dr Yang, Savannah shook her head, trying to hold back a giggle.

"Something funny, Prescott?" Yang asked, looking around Lexie and over to the blonde girl who had a clear smirk on her face.

"No, nothing," the girl replied, looking away from the older woman, and down at the wooden desk. Glancing back over at her.

Yang looked back at Lexie, "solo surgeries are at stake here, three, I can't have you acting weird," she told the younger woman, making Anna scoff at the degrading nickname, earning a dirty look from her.

"I am on top of my game, really," Lexie replied, apologetically.

"I'm sending you to plastics, far, far away. Just go," Dr Yang said shooing the girl off.

"I'll see you later, Lex," Savannah told her friend once she had turned around, "I'll be in the ER if you need me," she smiled, Lexie waved at her walking off to the elevator.

---

Savannah was standing in a trauma room helping with the new trauma that had been brought in, his leg was sticking up, impaling him and bent at the knee, and bones stuck out of the top of his left arm. She was instructed to hold his shoulders, along with Meredith, Cristina and the new intern Sadie, who's apparently an old friend of Meredith. Dr Shepherd held onto the man's head, Torres and Hunt held onto different parts of his legs, while Sloan, who she had been avoiding since she opened up to him, was holding onto the man's torso. All of them keeping a secure grip before his leg was pulled down, finally pulling it back down by his side while the man screamed in agony and had to be injected with more morphine.