Chapter 3- new school

Author POV:

Alex woke up about 5:30 in the morning. She awoke to her and Jacob cuddling her head on his chest and his arms wrapped fully around her. However it wasn't unusual for them to wake up like this in a morning as they usually had sleepovers. They never had feelings for each other completely platonic and they were always comfortable around each other.

She slowly unwrapped Jacobs arms from around her and placed a pillow there instead and looked at his face seeing he was snoring away. she giggled at him grabbed her phone and snapped a quick selfie of her sitting on the bed with him asleep. She checked for messages and scrolled through instagram for a couple mins before climbing out of her bed and looking into the dog bed to see that they are both still asleep. She went into her closet and got her towel and clothes for the day.

She got in the shower and washed her body and hair to get ready for the day ahead of her. Sure she's been to school before but she always hated being the new kid. She was glad she had Bella with her so the attention would be shared between them and not solemnly on one person. She sighed as she finished putting her clothes on for the day and she walked back over to the bed kissing Jacob on the head before returning to her now awake puppies and teleporting herself and the two dogs outside on the back yard as she knew Bella wouldn't see her as she heard the shower being used.

Alexandria's POV:
As i was sitting down on the porch watching my dogs run around with each other i started to think a lot. I really miss my dad on days like starting a new school. I've always believed that new starts should always start with your dad dropping you off wishing you good luck and kissing your head saying that they can't wait to see you after school and hear all about your day.

But not my dad. Nope my dad decided it would be better for him to be constantly running away from things around the world than watch his little girl grow up. Im glad Charlie was open enough to take on his role as my pops. Pops never spoke a bad word about my father instead he actually talked quite fond of my father.

Don't get me wrong i love my father with my whole heart i'm just upset that he isn't here. just as i was in my mind thinking i heard the door behind my click and i knew it was my pops. He looked down and noticed me before giving a small sigh before sitting down next to me.

"What's on your mind sweet pea?" Charlie questioned while handing me a cup of coffee. I never felt uncomfortable talking about my father to Charlie but i always felt awful incase Charlie thought that i didn't love him but if i didn't tell him now he'd figure it out anyways. After all he is the best cop in the entire world.

I took a deep breath before turning to face him "I don't want you to take this the wrong way Pops as i love you so much and i'm extremely grateful that you've took me in and raised me with as much love as you've shown Bells but i really miss my dad and i'm upset that he's not there to see me off to school even if i am almost 18. Sometimes Pops i just need the words of my dad telling me everything's going to be okay. I haven't heard from him in years now." I looked at pops and he just nodded his head and he looked so understanding.

"Listen closely my dear. I 100% understand that im not your father and i never want to replace that role but i am your pops. and i can assure you with every bone in my body the he would be so proud of the young lady you have become. I knew your dad like we were brothers and if he's anything like what i knew him he will make it back to you and tell you the same thing im about to tell you. You are the best kind of daughter a father could ask for. you and bells blood related or not i love you both the exact same. Don't ever doubt your fathers love for you because your the one thing he loves more than himself in this world and he will make it back to you because your father never breaks promises." Charlie's words really shocked me. he was never one for emotional moment but this made my eyes water a little bit. I nodded while resting my head on his shoulder looking towards my little babies who were running around with each other.