30

Follow me and comment, pretty please with cherries on top!

Elijah's POV

After the night before, and the new knowledge he had about his mom, Eli was at peace. 

It's not like Eli had a bad life - he didn't. When his adoptive dad found him at the playground, he had taken home and gave him a warm bed and food on the table. When he met a woman and fell in love with her, he still cared for Eli and never left him behind. Even the woman, who became Eli's mom, had been the most caring compassionate person ever.

But he had gone his whole life assuming that his real mom had left him behind and never even bothered to look for him. 

This damaged him to a point where he felt unwanted by the world, which is why he was in his bubble for most of school and got in a few fights for his brooding and negative attitude, making it hard for him to ever have friends.

He only knew what real friendship really was when he met Luke, Porter and Milo, who became his newfound family. 

His newfound knowledge that his real mom never actually left him? It was as if a boulder had been lifted off of his chest. 

He felt sad that he would never know her, but the thing was - he had no memories of her; he just wanted to know the idea of her. He laid in his bed, eyes on the ceiling as he felt a sense of peace wash over him.

That was - until he heard a familiar voice outside.

No fucking way. For a second, he could not believe that Porter had let Carter into their place, but he heard Raina's voice outside too and assumed they had come together.

He didn't want to hear her voice. He didn't want to think about Ryan or whatever the fuck his name was being with Carter.

The thought of another man's hands on her made a sick feeling develop in Eli's stomach and burn through him like a hot lump of coal. Her soft sweet voice outside his room made him want to rip his ears out.

He couldn't be here, not while she was out there. He put on a hoodie and pulled his hood up as he exited his room, hellbent on ignoring everyone there and getting the hell out of there.

It didn't help that everyone went silent when he stepped outside, but he ignored them, focusing only on the exit as their conversations resumed.

He didn't mean to look at her. He really didn't. It's just - he really fucking missed her.

So when his eyes naturally gravitated towards her, he gave her a thorough look over, taking inventory of what she looked like so he could think about her all night.

And then - Eli froze, taking a step towards her unconsciously at what he saw.

As Carter was giggling and speaking to Della, Eli noticed something. No one else would notice something so small, but he did.

He always noticed everything about Carter, whether he wanted to or not.

As she flourished her arm in expression, his eyes zeroed in on something on her upper arm. It was faint but it was there.

A bruise.

A hand-shaped one.

Double update keep scrolling!