4

a/n vote comment and vote plsss <3333 it makes my day

Elijah POV

"Oh hey everyone!" Carter's perky voice interrupted the literal armed robbery going on. She walked right up to them as if greeting old friends.

"Uh. Hi?" The guy with the knife said, pausing to look at her. What the fuck?

"Who-" Knife guy was cut off when Carter, quite literally threw her leg into the air, kicking his hand and watching the knife fly into the air, where it flipped three times before landing in her ready open palm.

During his shock at the scene that just occurred in front of him, the mugger's hard grip loosened on Eli. He wrenched his arm out and moved to stand in front of Carter.

Carter elbowed Elijah out of the way to stand in front of him instead.

Eli gave her an outraged look at their now flipped positions. He was not letting a 5'4 girl protect him.

The mugger had gotten over their shock of being disarmed by a girl, charging forwards towards Elijah and Carter.

Eli shoved Carter out of the way, throwing his right fist into the guy's face, as he stumbled back. The guy recovered immediately, launching his fist at Eli. He ducked, punching the guy with an uppercut to the stomach.

As the guy was winded, Eli took the opportunity to knee him where the sun doesn't shine. The guy immediately dropped to the ground, groaning in pain.

Eli reached down, plucking his wallet from the guy's pocket, turning to finish off the other guys. He assumed they wouldn't hit a girl so Carter was safe.

When he turned around, his jaw dropped.

Carter was standing there, effortlessly, wiping her hands off of each other as if she just finished a tiring job. The knife was in her pocket.

Behind her, the two guys from before were knocked out on the floor. What the hell?

Elijah blanched. Did she... did she fight them?!

Carter walked towards him, dropping the knife into the garbage in the alleyway, entwining her arm through his, and pulling them out of the alley, the mess still behind them.

He felt like Tony Stark as the Jericho missile exploded behind him. Not that he could ever compare to Tony Stark.

He pushed her arm away from his, walking ahead and whipping around to face her, cutting off her path. He hated when strangers touched him casually. 

"Did you fight those guys?" He interrogated.

"No." She shrugged, casually, still smiling.

"Then how were they knocked out at your feet?" He grilled her.

"I simply knocked their heads together," Carter said. He almost laughed at the image that popped in his mind when she said that. How the hell did she pull that off? 

He scowled, turning back to walk away snootily. "You didn't save me, you know. I had that completely handled." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah? Is that why you were asking them to stab you in the leg?" She questioned.

He scowled. She heard that? "Shut up. Are you gonna follow me again midge?"

She rolled her eyes at him. The nerve!

"No, I'm going somewhere to meet my friends." She answered him with an indignant look at the nickname he had assigned her.

"Fine." He walked faster. It was already 7 now, and there was no way he was missing Porter's show.