19

Double update! Be sure to read the chapter right after this :) and PLEASE COMMENT OR VOTE! 

Elijah's POV

Eli had just finished getting ready for bed, leaving food in the hallway for May. It was late, almost 3 AM, but he had stayed up doing a paper and now he was ready to knock the hell out.

Then his phone rang.

He glanced down and frowned when he saw an unknown number. Usually, he would ignore those but for some reason, he didn't.

He hit accept and held it up to his ear.

He didn't expect a soft voice to speak. "Eliiiiii!"

What the hell? "Carter?" He asked, unsure.

"Yessss! You recognized my voice!" She slurred. He could hear yelling and really loud music in the background.

He had already gotten out of his bed for some reason and started pacing around his room, "are you drunk?"

She hiccuped and it was totally not the cutest thing Eli had ever heard in his life.

"Noooo. I'm not drunk, I just had 4 or 5 or maybe 6 shots- wait actually I think I drank from the bottle! And then I tried that big barrel thing that you see in movies!" She slurred.

Who the fuck let Carter drink this much? She was definitely a lightweight.

"I wanna go home but I can't find my shoes! I think someone stole them from me. Swiper no swiping." She giggled at the end of her sentence

"Where are you?" He asked roughly.

He had put on his socks and a random hoodie over his t-shirt as he put her on speaker.

"I don't know. I think I'm in New York."

He sighed. "Carter. Can you share your location with me? Do you think you could do that for me?" He said very clearly.

He could fake being sweet if it meant her safety. Besides, she was drunk and wouldn't remember this.

"I-I didn't want to bother anyone, I'm sorry I don't mean to be a burden." Her voice became apologetic and Eli got the urge to rip his heart out.

"Please don't come if you're busy I can wait for-"

Eli cut her off, "you're not bothering me at all. Just send me your location and I'll come get you, okay? I promise we'll find your shoes, baby." His soft and gentle voice sounded foreign to his own ears.

"My shoes? Why would you find my sh- OH MY GOD ELI IM NOT WEARING ANY SHOES," he took the phone off speaker as she yelled. How did she forget already?

He heard a sniffle and then his phone pinged with an iMessage.

"I sent you my location. Can you come now? I'll pay your gas money," she said and he could barely make it out through the music.

He rolled his eyes, his voice going back to normal as he finally got her location.

"Stay where you are, Carter," he ordered her and hung up the phone. He immediately put on his shoes and grabbed his keys.

He most definitely did not run down the stairs to get to his car.

Eli looked at the address and recognized it immediately. It was one of the Columbia frat houses close to his apartment.

He pulled out of the parking space and basically broke every speeding law to get to her.

a/n next chapter is so cute