Chapter 14: Taunting

"It's official! The San Francisco Pioneers are advancing to the championship round!"

The cheers from the stadium were so loud, Nat thought she was going to go deaf. She watched as the crowd lost their minds with people jumping, screaming, and throwing things everywhere. It felt more like Nat was at a concert than a football game with just how electric the stadium had become. The joy charged her up as she gave everyone in her vicinity a high five. She spotted Nick talking to the media. Without anyone injured though, Nat had the luxury of being able to wait for her boyfriend to finish.

The past month had gone by in the blink of an eye. Game after game, the Pioneers dominated all the way to the end of the season. Once the playoffs started, they cruised to a victory in the wildcard round against the Seattle Sparrowhawks. Now, they faced off against the Dallas Ranchers in the divisional and once again, they took home the win. There was only one game that stood between them and the Super Bowl, but Nat had all of the confidence in the world they could do it.

After all, she had watched the Pioneers train intensely over the past month. Everyone was giving everything that they had. From the offense, defense, special teams, coaches, heck even the rest of the support staff. Nat had never seen anything like it before, not even when she worked for the Los Angeles Lightning.

But perhaps the best part of the past month had been the relationship that blossomed between Nat and Nick. Ever since the day on the boat, Nat agreed to a relationship, one they were sure to keep secret from Callaghan. At work, Nat did her best to avoid Nick, only shooting him passing smiles and greetings. Nick for his part did the same, although it was more than one occasion he waited in the parking lot for her to get off of work. Once they left Levi's, it was a typical romance. They spent most of their time in Nick's apartment, although occasionally he would go to Nat's. Every now and then they went out, but they usually traveled far from the bay area to avoid being recognized. It had been a challenging month, but also one of the best months Nat has ever had.

And with the Pioneers playing as well as they were, it seemed their romance showed no sign of stopping. That is, until it would inevitably have to.

Nat shook the thought off as she watched Nick Bosa walk straight up to her. He was wearing the red uniform this time, with his gold pants wrapped tightly around his lower body.

Nataly do not stare at his crotch. No matter how... visible it is.

Nick had the biggest smile she had ever seen. "Good job there DPOY. You showed them who's boss."

Nick laughed as he patted Nat's shoulder. "We're America's team now. I don't think I'll be able to go to Dallas after this."

Nat was wearing a smirk now too. She looked around to make sure media wasn't focused on them, or that Callaghan was there, but the coast was clear. She returned Nick's shoulder pat with one of her own.

"Well now what? How are we going to celebrate?" Nat asked.

"I was thinking we could go get a bite somewhere, maybe chill there for a bit, then later we go back to my place and you can help me with this injury I'm dealing with."

What? Since when did he get injured? He looks just fine

Nat, suddenly filled with concern, had a shaky voice. "What happened? How bad is it? I can check it now, it's probably best we do that first."

Nick had a devilish smile. "Oh... well if that's what you want to do. I feel it right around here." Nick moved his hand to his groin and grabbed his bulge, giving it a quick shake.

Nat looked at the outline of his penis and immediately felt flushed. He can't be serious for 5 minutes can he?

"You're stupid."