Chapter 17: Most Valuable Player

"You've got to be kidding me"

Nat looked around the business center but it was only her in there. She proceeded to smack the computer, hoping to make it work by force. The Wi-Fi at the hotel in Rome had spoiled her, but now that she was in Taormina, what everyone said about the lack of signal was true. She was about to pass the hour mark sitting there trying her best to send over time sensitive documents. This wasn't exactly how she pictured her luxury Italian vacation going.

Nick knocked on the door to the business center and Nat turned with a start. Once she saw who it was she exhaled and slouched back over the computer, doing her best to make it work.

"You've been gone for a while. For a second I thought you left the hotel." Nick said, smirking at Nat.

"Yeah, sorry about that. This stupid computer won't work. I've been sitting here for the past hour. Ugh." Nat stared as the old computer loaded slowly.

Nick approached Nat and started rubbing her shoulders. Nat let the pleasure of his strong hands soothe her mood and suddenly she remembered where she was. She was on an impromptu vacation with her boyfriend in one of the most romantic countries in the world. And she was somehow stressed out.

"Nat, you're not going to lose this job if you wait until we get back to handle your business. We only have a few days left." Nick said, doing his best to sound patient.

"I know, but I need to get these forms in as soon as possible. If I don't, I won't get to assess the new recruits we get from the draft. This HAS to happen now." Nat moved her hands back to the computer after seeing one of her forms had failed to upload.

"You really think Raf's not gonna let you check out the new guys?" Nick said, raising his eyebrows at his girlfriend.

"I'm sure he will but I want to get back on the team's good side. I can't imagine they'll give me a warm welcome after you threatened them."

Nick let out a laugh. "I didn't threaten them. I just told them if they wanted me back, we were a package deal." Nick gave her a kiss on her temple.

"Regardless of what you call it, I don't want them to think I'm just going to half ass my work now. I'm not Misty Mason."

Nat sighed in relief as the final form finally uploaded properly. She sent the email, but now watched in agony as the computer once again loaded slowly.

"You sent it already?" Nick said.

"Yeah but I need to make sure it actually sent. I'll probably call Raf just to make sure he got it."

All of sudden, Nick moved his hands beneath Nat's arms and lifted her effortlessly out of the chair. He turned her around and brought her face close to his. He studied her for a second before smiling.

"It's going to be a while before it sends. Why don't you come upstairs with me?"

"Nick... just let me finish this. I promise I'll go upstairs once it's done."

"I don't want to wait until it's done. And I don't think you want to wait either."

Nick moved in for a kiss and Nat let herself get lost in his hold. She kissed his lips, slipping her tongue into his mouth. With every single movement, she felt pure bliss wash over her. Kissing Nick never got boring. It was like eating a plate of food you hoped you would never run out of. Every time she kissed Nick, she felt the spark inside her chest grow. Each kiss another stick over that ember, feeding it until the heat was all over Nat's body.

When Nick pulled away, he stared at Nat with a big smile. Nat could read the question on his face.

"Alright big guy. Let's go upstairs." She went in for another kiss.