Chapter 10: Surviving the Sharp Tooth Wyverns

I woke up in a strange place. The hot sun was beating down on me and the sand beneath me felt scorching hot. I sat up and looked around, realizing that I was in a vast desert. Suddenly, a message appeared in front of me.

"Penalty: Failure to defeat Sibu Kobra. Teleporting you to a generated desert. Complete the penalty quest of surviving against 125 Sharp Tooth Wyverns to return."

I groaned. "Great, just what I needed," I muttered to myself.

I stood up and dusted myself off. I could feel the heat radiating off the sand, and I knew I had to find some shade quickly. I looked around and saw a small rocky outcropping a short distance away. I walked over to it and sat down in its shadow.

I opened up the system interface and started looking through my inventory. I had a decent amount of gold, but I needed to use it wisely. I decided to use the vanity option to hide my armor, giving me the same buffs while making it look like I was wearing regular clothes.

I also decided to purchase a new attack card. After browsing through the selection, I settled on the "Thunder Strike" card, which promised to deliver a powerful electric shock to my enemies.

I stood up and continued my journey through the desert, keeping my eyes peeled for any signs of danger. As I walked, I noticed movement in the distance. I squinted and saw a group of Sharp Tooth Wyverns heading my way.

 I squinted and saw a group of Sharp Tooth Wyverns heading my way

"Great, here we go," I said, pulling out my new attack card and bracing myself for the fight.

Shadow Punch

As I landed the finishing blow on the tenth wyvern, I felt a surge of satisfaction wash over me as I received the message from the system: "10 Wyverns defeated, +500 XP, Level Up!"

I looked around at the other wyverns in the desert, their stats and levels displayed above them. It was helpful information, but it made me realize just how difficult this penalty quest was going to be.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the next wave of wyverns. Their levels and stats varied, but I could see their HP bars, and I knew exactly how much damage my attacks would do.

I used my Shadow Punch to quickly take out a few of the weaker wyverns, then switched to my Thunder Strike to deal with the stronger ones. It was a slow and grueling process, but I pushed on, determined to complete the quest.

Finally, after what felt like hours of battling, I came face-to-face with the boss wyvern. It was massive, with a thick hide and razor-sharp claws. Its HP bar was longer than any of the other wyverns I had faced.

I took a deep breath and charged in, using all of the skills I had learned to take it down. It was a tough fight, but I was determined not to give up. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I landed the final blow and watched as the boss wyvern's HP bar disappeared.

"Boss Wyvern defeated, +2000 XP, Quest Complete!" The system message flashed before me, and I felt a sense of relief wash over me. The penalty was over, and I had completed the quest.