Chapter 21.

———————
YEAR 02.
Chapter 21.
———————

The rumours of the Chamber of Secrets still passes around the castle over the passing weeks. And Mattheo's name is slowly becoming synonymous with any mention of the chamber.

People have taken to gathering in small groups in order to exchange the current rumours about what Mattheo did to Mrs Norris.

"I don't understand why everyone thinks you have something to do with the Chamber of Secrets? You're the least Slytherin student that Slytherin house has" Artemis mentions to Mattheo. "And I would expect someone a lot more powerful to be the one that opens the Chamber of Secrets" Artemis comments.

  They all file inside of the History of Magic classroom for their next lesson.

  "Gee, thanks, Bells" Mattheo mutters as he sits down next to her.

  "She's got a point. You're only a second-year. And the Chamber of Secrets must be guarded by some sort of dark magic if it's never been found before" Lorenzo mentions. Mattheo wouldn't be strong enough to open the Chamber of Secrets.

  Lorenzo and Frey take the table directly in front of Artemis and Mattheo. Everyone else seems to be staying clear of them, so they can gossip in silence.

In only a matter of days, the gossip has gone from if Mattheo and Artemis are dating, to them both collaborating to open the Chamber of Secrets. Everyone around school seems to be scared of Mattheo all of a sudden.

"And let's be honest, if someone is going to be tied in with dark magic around here, it's bound to be an older Slytherin student" Frey mentions to them. "They practically eat, sleep and breath dark magic" Frey mentions.

Though, that only reminds her of the bad news she received, that she is in fact descended from a powerful dark witch, the one from whom her Empath powers come from.

"Or...it was someone playing a really cruel Halloween prank" Artemis tells them. "It's probably just got out of hand. The voices you're hearing, a prank. Leading you and Lorenzo there, convenient timing while everyone else was at the Halloween Feast" Artemis begins to rattle off.

Mattheo shrugs. "I'm not really too worried about it" Mattheo confesses.

Theodore finds his way to the desk to their right, only moments before the bell rings.

"How can you not be worried about all of this?" Theodore asks Mattheo. Theodore feels sick because he thinks he knows what is about to happen.

"People misrepresent stories about me all of the time. Like me killing Voldemort, it wasn't me, it was my Mum's magic" Mattheo replies. "And if I do something so bad that it impresses the rest of Slytherin house, then I at least want the memory of actually doing it" Mattheo chuckles.

Artemis hits him in his arm. "That's not funny" she tells him.

Mattheo jumps back at her and begins to prod at her in her tickling spots, and she becomes completely powerless to him in a fit of giggles.

"The Great and mighty Artemis Bellator, beaten by my magic fingers" Mattheo laughs.

Lorenzo and Frey both smile as they watch their friends pretend that they're just friends.