Chapter 15.

———————
YEAR 02.
Chapter 15.
———————

October comes about quickly over the castle, and a wave of autumn flu starts to wash over the castle. The Hospital Wing is inundated with runny noses, coughs and sinus headaches.

The castle grounds quickly become a swamp land, all of the water holds as the grass becomes waterlogged. All outside classes have been cancelled. Most students avoid venturing into the grounds at all given the state of the grassland areas.

Marcus Flint hasn't lost his edge and decides to keep the Slytherin Quidditch team training harder than ever. The other teams wouldn't dare try and fly right in the middle of storm weather, but Flint only sees it as a training exercise.

Mattheo isn't flying on his Nimbus 2001 out of principle, he won't accept anything from Draco Malfoy, and instead he'll continue to fly on his 2000 model.

Lorenzo and Theodore still manage to come out to witness Mattheo playing. Lorenzo excitedly narrates the game for Theodore, and Theodore is becoming rather eager about learning the game himself.

Then there would be the long trek up to the castle to get out of the muddy and soaking wet Quidditch robes and into something comfortable and warm.

"...and the way that Beater launched that Bludger away!" Theodore gasps. Theo has never had much interested in Quidditch before, but Mattheo plays like a demon when he's on his broom.

"It was a pretty strong practice out there" Lorenzo says. "The team is looking good this year" Lorenzo has to admit that last year seemed a little shaky for the Slytherin team, this year they're a strong unit.

"Thanks" Mattheo is a little short with the pair of them. His mind is on other matters.

They're heading up to the Great Hall for some lunch.

"What's up?" Theodore asks. "You're not your usually sunshiny self this morning?" Theodore asks sarcastically. Mattheo has been in a bad mood more than a good mood lately.

Mattheo hasn't been able to enjoy Quidditch since Draco Malfoy joined the team. Flint is acting like Draco can do no wrong, all because he doesn't want to lose the brooms that Lucius Malfoy bought for them.

"Nothing" Mattheo dismisses it all. If he would talk about his feelings then it would not be with Theodore Nott.

Lorenzo shrugs to Theodore, and Theodore nods back, neither of them know what to do at the moment. Mattheo is annoyed for the time being, and so they leave Mattheo to be angry, they feel like it's safer that way.

As the three boys walk through the castle, Nearly Headless Nick, the ghost of Gryffindor Tower, floats up to them through the wall of the Great Hall.

Nick looks disgruntled. Having just been told that he cannot attend the headless hunt, as his head is still held on by a thin strip of skin.

"Hey, Nick, how is it going?" Mattheo asks of Nearly Headless Nick.

Nick is a ghostly white. Wearing fancy tunic with ruffles. A plumed hat that sits atop his regal curled hair. And the large gap in wound across his neck, only a thin strip of skin that holds his head on his shoulders.

BOOK 2: SERPENTINE. (Mattheo Riddle).जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें