Chap. two

😗sorry for any mistakes

Macon, GAMarch 23rd  Friday

Macon, GA
March 23rd 
Friday

"Arranged marriage?! Bitch why didn't you tell us yesterday," India's eyes almost popped out of her head as she looked at her best friend crazily. Ma'siya shook her head, continuing to walk in the tracks of the long hallway towards the staircase.

"Prolly allowed her anger to get the best of her again and didn't listen," Scarlette spoke up, making Ma'siya roll her eyes because she knew she was right.

She allowed her father to say; she and Kyzeir were doing an arranged marriage before she walked out of his office–not allowing him to get another word out of his mouth.

She went to her room and stayed there for the rest of the day. She didn't come out for lunch or dinner yesterday and didn't even speak to her mom or big sister because of how upset she was.

She didn't even care what was the explanation, when she hears about arranged marriage, her mind goes to be sold. Or being controlled, all the issues Ma'siya will never be okay with.

But, Ma'siya does have an awful attitude and anger issues about her. If she hears one thing she doesn't like, she shuts down or snaps at anyone. It wasn't a suitable trait of hers, she was working on the issue but it wasn't going to happen overnight.

"But I understand why she did, an arranged marriage with someone she doesn't get along with is crazyyy," India jogged down the white and black marble staircase first.

India and Ma'siya have been friends since they were nine years old, more like sisters than anything else. They met after India's father was murdered by an enemy in a shoot-out, he used to work for her father. After her father passed away, Slade took India in with his family. India's mom wasn't in her life, she had nobody besides the Brookes family because that's all her father ever had her around.

Slade fought hard to get full custody of India before she could go inside the system, he didn't want to leave her in that predicament especially because he grew up with her father.

It was only right to take him in and raise her as his own. India just never changed her last name because it's all she has of her father and Slade understood that.

"Oh no, it is. I'm just saying she allowed her anger to get the best of her, that's why she didn't say anything to us yesterday," She jogged down the staircase alongside Ma'siya.

India and Ma'siya met Scarlette during their freshman year of high school. They have always been a trio, a tight one. It was crazy how they all had different personalities and viewpoints but clicked together so well to the point, their friendship was the one people on social praised and made goals due to all the girls having a good following on every social media platform from going viral with their pictures or tweets.