Chap. ten

😗sorry for any mistakes

2 weeks later...

Calabasas, California
June 12th 
Tuesday

🎶Days in the sun
And nights in the rain
Summer is over, simple and plain🎶

Summer Over Interlude by Drake erupted from the speakers' built-in surrounding speakers inside the kitchen. Ma'siya dipped both of her hands inside the clear glass bowl filled with white flour powder. Covering her hands with the flour first, she grabs a handful of the biscuit dough and then rolls it into a ball form.

"Toot, do you want fried eggs or cheesy scrambled eggs?" Kyzeir entered the kitchen with two bins of fresh Brown colored eggs from their barn of chickens on their estate property. "You didn't have to roll them for me," He chuckled, setting the two bins down beside her on the island counters.

She shrugged one shoulder "I know but you did everything else. I figured I could at least roll the biscuits up for you," She responded, arranging the ball structure dough in the pan with butter coating the whole thing. "And scramble eggs. I haven't built up enough courage to eat a fried egg yet," Siya lightly chuckled.

After two weeks of holding out on her request for him to cook, Kyzeir has finally given in. Although in Ma'siya's opinion, he seemed nervous.

Her favorite comfort food breakfast is biscuits and gravy, she always loved the mornings when she woke up to the chef cooking the meal before school. Watching Kyzeir cooking the gravy and preparing homemade biscuits from scratch–Siya was exceedingly excited about the food being done.

She was also glad Kyzeir had a hobby of cooking. Siya has been wanting to get into learning how to cook but has never found the time or patience for it. She used to hate when her mother forced her, India, and Kourtney to help cook growing up. The concept bored her when she was younger but now being older, her perspective has changed.

"They aren't disgusting oddly enough if you season them correctly," He told her, taking five eggs out of the bin and setting them on the counter.

"That's what everyone tells me," She muttered and placed the second ball of dough in the pan. "Oouu, I'm so excited for this," Siya couldn't wipe the smile from her lips. She couldn't remember the last time she had this meal, and the aroma of the food circulating the kitchen made her feel at home.

Ma'siya has been feeling extremely homesick which confused her. She assumed the feeling would pass by now but it hasn't. Siya probably wasn't ready to be on her own without her parents like she assumed to be.

She truthfully missed her parents and all her aunts and uncles back in Macon. Luckily her parents were filming for a movie in LA for the next months ahead. Considering her parents migrated from Macon to California for two decades, they already have a home in Hidden Hills. Now her mom can be hands-on in wedding planning instead of doing it over the phone and email.