Chapter 23

There is a lot to do before the wedding, which kept me busy for a week, such as picking out the perfect flowers and planning everything. Bathilda and Emma are assisting me for the week, and I don't even have time to visit His Majesty for his routine treatments. Many villagers came to congratulate me, and Lady Mabel graciously allows me to see them, including little Bella and Mary. I was relieved to see that they were in good health.

I was finally able to rest after a hectic schedule that included a morning lesson on memorising the marriage vows and an afternoon court appearance.

Bathilda approached me with a bridal gown for me to wear on the wedding day. "My Lady... I present to you the gown that you are wearing," she said solemnly as I opened my mouth in surprise.

It was a silk Blue Cotehardie with a shade of gold and red trailing all the way down the length, fitted sleeves with buttons, a gold belt Celtic knot, and a white silk wimple a headcovering formed of a large piece of cloth worn draped around the neck and chin, covering the top of my head it was hideous I thought "blue is a sign of purity, my lady," she explained.

"Wow...that's something," I cleared up my throat, "but I can't wear it."

"Why not? It's a traditional gown passed down from the previous queen," she reasoned.

"I can't wear that because it'll make me look like a walking... I don't know... flag?" I reasoned.

"ohh... now that you mention it... it looks like the colour of a flag," she said, raising her eyebrows, "but you will still wear it... "

"No... I won't... I'll get a new gown for the wedding," I scoff.

"How? We don't have time to make a new one," she explained.

"I've already made an arrangement," I said with a smile.

On the same day, I requested a bridal gown from Lord Tindall, my personal designer. He made all of my dresses, and I designed them all; the gown Bathilda brought earlier is very plain, and the colour hues are a terrible match; I simply cannot wear it. not on my wedding day.

Days flew by, and it was a truly exhausting week, but I made it... I was able to get some rest the night before my wedding, but I couldn't sleep... I'm extremely nervous and concerned... I hadn't seen Baldwin in two weeks... as I squirm in my bed, darn it! I really can't fall asleep... In order to relax, I made the decision to go for a walk...

Baldwin POV:

Days were quickly approaching, as Jerusalem was busy preparing for the upcoming wedding; Philippa and I hardly see each other until our wedding day; for the time being, Omar is in charge of my nightly treatment.

I needed to complete some royal tasks before the celebration, and William was constantly supervising me until I finished the night before the celebration.

"And that is the last one, your grace," Aimery said, handing me the scroll.

"your grace.. I just received word that your sister, princess Sibylla, and your mother, lady Agnes, will pay you a visit at your wedding," he explained.

"I assume they heard the news," I said.

"Would I tell Lady Philippa about it? I know they'd be ecstatic to see the lady."

"No," I say, "I'll be the one to tell her." as Aimery stood still

I decided to pay her a visit the night before the wedding, and I was standing at her front door, ready to knock, when she unexpectedly opened the door and was surprised to see me.