Chapter 2

Pete pov

The door suddenly stopped opening mid way.
................!!

Shia is it a ghost!?
Oh my god I'm scared!

I got up from the bed with difficulty and waited.
...............??

Nothing happened?! Maybe the ghost left??
I got off the bed and started tip toeing to the door. I peeked from the slightly opened door and looked around. It was dark and very quiet.

Did my father sell me to a mafia who associates with ghosts? Oh no!! I gulped my saliva and tried to stop sweating so much because of fear.

I slowly came out of the room and walked through the corridor. Shia I'm right! This is a big mansion and it looks haunted. I tripped near the end of the corridor and almost fell down the stairs.

Shall I go back? What if this ghost master punishes me for getting out of the room?! Yeah, I should definitely go back!

'Grghh..'
..............??

Oh my stupid stomach had to get hungry now. I can't believe I slept the whole day without eating. Damn it! Fine, I can't die with an empty stomach. Food is my biggest priority anyway. Hmph!

I slowly went down the stairs and tried to find the kitchen. Why is this house so big? And did  they forget to pay their electricity bills because there are no lights in here?? The only light is the moonlight that is coming through the windows.

After almost bumping into furniture that are placed here and there,
'Finally! Found it after a whole decade' said my hungry stomach. Hehe.

I went in there and opened the fridge. Damn! This fridge is 2 times bigger than me. There were different types of food in there. My mouth started salivating and my stomach started howling in happiness.
Wait am I stealing food right now??
No right, I mean they brought me here so I am their responsibility and they should feed me before sending me to ghosts. Yes, of course I'm right as always!! Hehe.

So I picked up the first thing that came to my hand because I was too hungry to be picky right now. It was a packet of chocolate chip cookies. I was about to open it when suddenly the light was switched on. I turned around and saw a boy who was younger than me looking at me with horror.

" ARRRRGH....." We both started screaming while looking at each other.

"THERE'S A MUMMY IN OUR KITCHEN?" He yelled.
" A MUMMY?! WHERE? " I asked.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHERE? YOU'RE THE MUMMY!"
"I'M NOT A MUMMY. I'M A HUMAN."
I yelled back.
" HUH! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT A MUMMY WOULD SAY!!. YOU CAN'T FOOL ME YOU MUMMY."
" HEY I TOLD YOU I'M NOT. AND WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!" I asked shouting.
" I'M SCREAMING BECAUSE YOU'RE SCREAMING. I'LL STOP SCREAMING IF YOU STOP SCREAMING!"
Is he rapping or what?
" NO, YOU STOP SCREAMING FIRST. THEN I'LL STOP."
" NO, YOU STOP FIRST" The boy said again.
"NO, YOU FIRST"
"NO YOU STOP!"

"What the hell is going on here?"

Vegas pov

I was working in my office. It was 11.40pm. I got up from my seat after wrapping up the things for the day and left my office room. I switched off the lights on the hallway on my way to my room.
I was about to go to my room when I remembered about the Pete guy that  Nop brought here. So I went near his room and it was very quiet.
'Maybe he is still sleeping' I thought.

I was about to go inside and check up on him since Nop said that he was injured when he brought him here. I opened the door slowly but then my phone started to vibrate in my pocket.

It was Kinn. 'Why is he calling me this late?' I frowned.
So I left the door and went back to my office and closed the door.

"What happened? Why are you calling me now?" I said answering his call.

Kinn is my cousin. I can say that he is the only friend I have. Our fathers were rivals when they were alive and they tried to make their sons enemies too. But it didn't work since Kinn and I have been very close to each other since we were kids.

"You have a new problem. You called your father's lawyer right? What did you tell him?" Kinn asked me.

"I told him that there's a guy I love and since me being married is a requirement to get the whole property from my father my lover has agreed to prepone our marriage." I told him with a smirk.

"Well he's not believing you. And he has decided to let someone else get involved in this." Kinn said with a sigh.

"Get involved? Who? I thought my father was the only owner of that property?!" I asked confused.

"Apparently that's not the case. 30% of that belongs to a lady who is currently living in America. Your father has discussed with her about getting the full property under his name but she didn't agree with it because she had said that the whole property shouldn't belong to a one person. So he decided to sign a deal with her saying that the 30% will be yours and she had agreed to that on one condition. She said that you'll have to be married and she'll sign the deal with you only. However, even before he get to change her mind, he got into the accident and died. So that's why you being married to be qualified to get the property is included in your father's last will." Kinn said without a break.

"Shit! How come I didn't know about this until now? And who is this lady?"I asked impatiently.

"Her name is Anchali Theeravit. She was born in Thailand and later went to America for studies. She started her business there and she is one of the biggest business woman in the country." Kinn said.

"So what am I going to do now?" I asked.

"Khun Anchali will be coming to Thailand in 2 days. Your father's lawyer told her about you and she had told him to inform you that you don't need to hurry your marriage because of a business deal."

"Well then what the hell does she want me to do?" I asked irritated.

"She will be staying in your house for a month and-"

"Wait what!? Stay where? And did you just say a month??" I asked without letting Kinn continue.

"Yes, a month. She wants to decide for herself if you've lied to her about your boyfriend just to get the property. So you better explain this clearly to the guy who you chose to be your husband." Kinn said while chucking.

"Shut up asshole. Fine then, if that's the only way to do this. And thanks for telling me all of this. See ya later."

"Hmm OK" He said before I hung up.

Fuck! I have another crap to deal with now. I sighed heavily and left the office.  I was walking to my room when I heard,

"ARRRRGH.."

To be continued...

Thank you for reading and voting!