The smell

Anyways she wore a night suit and went to sleep. And when she woke up it was late at night she was a bit scared cause it was midnight she believed, she tried hard to go back to sleep again but failed so she turned on the lights of the bedroom and went to the washroom , then Veronica thought "Holy devil , this place is legit better that my house, i wish I never needed to get out of this place but my other books are at my home except the once in my bag , why so unfair" .But now she needed to get out of this place , but she will do that tomorrow morning, but then she went back to the bedroom and noticed a red coloured book on the night desk she picked it up, and the cover was made of leather and the heading was "JULIANA WAS THE DEVIL", "hmm interesting " Veronica thought , she already had the habit of reading books and she went back to the bed and started reading the book, after opening the first page of the book her head started spinning terribly , her eyes felt like bursting out , her mind went all blank,she went paralysed , she got a weird pain at the back of her neck . The book had a weird smell to it , she felt so sick , the smell was very strong and it was a smell of something rotting over the years, and it may sounded like Veronica was overreacting but the smell was truly awful she kept the book on the top of the night desk but the smell didn't go way , the smell kept bugging her the rest of the night , she even went to the guest room but from all the way the smell came to the guest room from the bedroom,it was like whereever she goes the smell was following her.She truly felt disgusted . But the way she felt before ,when she opened the book ,was it only for the smell or something else?, She thought of it obviously but she never figured that out what was causing the smell.