Chapter 205: James Lyurik

(♡)

-

Raymond did not ask Jungkook how he made up his mind on going to that specific place. Jungkook had a frighteningly calm, cold expression. Raymond knew that whenever he made that face his judgment was rarely mistaken.

Raymond turned to the nearby soldiers and ordered them. “We are going to the Black Forest of Calsis effective immediately. Make sure you turn every stone in that area!”

***

When she opened her eyes, all Lalisa saw was a dark room. She could feel the humidity and a weak smell of mold around her…

Lalisa finally snapped back to her senses and stood up.

The room was pitch black. There was a window nearby, but not even a little bit of light came through. She could barely make out the shape of the objects around her.

The room was completely empty, except for the messy bed in which she laid, and the floor was covered with some damp hay.

Lalisa had seen this same scenery in the past. Not in this past, but her previous past. This place looked exactly like the prison where she was thrown into, as though she were a piece of garbage.

“…ugh.”

Lalisa started having some difficulties with her breathing. She felt as though an overwhelming fear was slowly enveloping her. She clutched her chest with her hand.

This is most definitely a dream.

That’s right. She was having again the nightmare she hadn’t had in a long time. There was no way she’d come back to this place in reality. However, for whatever reason, everything felt too real… the damp air around her, the rough texture of the blanket…

Lalisa slapped herself on both cheeks. She wanted to wake up from this nightmare. Her cheeks turned red and swollen while tears automatically fell from her eyes. It didn’t look like she would wake up anytime soon.

Only then did Lalisa realize that this might be real. If this was her reality and not a dream, then, what was the meaning of this? Maybe she went back to the moment before her death in her previous life?

Lalisa's chin trembled slightly. Many thoughts were hurling inside her mind.

She lost her sanity. Suddenly, the dark room in which she was in started morphing, with huge iron bars blocking her escape. She could feel the soldiers staring at her, judging her for selling her own nation. Maybe the fact that she went back in time to her own 12-year-old self was the actual dream.

Right, to come back to life… To think that a bird granted a wish and made time unwind was absurd. It would be more realistic to think of her second life as nothing more than a dream.

As her mind slowly began reaching that conclusion, her whole body started trembling uncontrollably. Lalisa went to a corner in the bed and shrank herself into a ball.

Then, what would happen now? Would she come out of the cell soon to be executed? Or would Roseanne come to bring her poison? Both possibilities were too scary and she didn’t want any of them. But, since she was arrested, she didn’t have more options.

I’m sure the one who wants me dead is you again.

Lalisa buried her head between her knees while tears silently fell down her cheeks. Maybe she did go insane. After losing her baby, being framed and backstabbed by her own husband, maybe she did lose all common sense and created a fantasy world within her mind…

While her knees were being soaked with her tears, Lalisa suddenly remembered something.

The baby!

Lalisa placed a hand on her belly. It wasn’t that prominent yet, but it was indeed swollen. Her baby was still within her.