Chapter 227: Epilogue(2) - Maiastra

(♡)

Here comes Mai!

Naeun can actually be lizkook daughter

-

"Mother!"

Hearing her daughter's call, both Lalisa and Vincent walked out of the room. Mai had arrived with Mary holding baskets filled with strawberries. When Mai saw Lalisa, she cheerfully run towards her.

"Mother! Look, I picked all these."

Seeing her daughter holding up a basket filled to the brim with berries, Lalisa laughed.

"Mai, that's too much. Even if every single person in this mansion eats strawberries every day, it will take them some time to finish them all!"

"I'll eat all the leftovers! I swear I can do that!"

After Mai finished bragging about how many strawberries she could eat, Mary spoke.

"The princess was amazing. She picked up so many berries in such short time, it barely took her a second! If I had not stopped her, she'd have finished harvesting the whole forest... Oh, my goodness!"

Mary turned around to look at Vincent, who'd changed into a completely different person. She was so surprised that she let go of the basket of berries. Vincent sprang forward and caught the basket before it landed on the floor.

"Oh, my God. Who is this? Our handsome young lord Vincent is finally back!"

Mary was astonished. In the short time it took them to go out for strawberries, Vincent had changed from a furry monkey into a handsome young man.

Hearing Mary's compliment, Vincent smiled with satisfaction and focused his gaze on Mai. Mai also had a surprised expression on her face.

"Mai, my princess. How do I look? Do I look more handsome now that I've shaved?"

Mai studied every inch of his face as though she was a teacher looking for imperfections. She gave him a quick nod.

"Hmmm. At least you look better than before. Do not grow a beard again."

Vincent was brimming with happiness.

"Really? Then, Mai, can you give uncle a kiss on the cheek?"

"Ugh!!"

Mai shuddered at her uncle's silliness and run off to the kitchen. Lalisa gave the disheartened Vincent a pat on the shoulder and offered him some comfort.

"Don't be sad, Vincent. One day you'll receive a kiss from her for sure."

Vincent was still sad.

"It looks like Mai still hates me..."

"She is a little hard to please. She inherited that trait from her father. Don't give up, Vincent."

After dinner, dessert was served with the many berries that Mai had picked up earlier that day. Mai talked excitedly about her adventures in the forest, making the whole family laugh with her funny occurrences.