Chapter 225: Happily Ever After

(♡)

-

Jungkook irrupted into the room, sword in hand and a murderous look in his eye... to see Lalisa licking her fingers. In front of her there was a huge plate filled with food. There was an abundance of seafood. Next to her was a worker who looked at Jungkook with widened eyes.

"Jungkook?"

Rihannan quickly took her finger out of her mouth and looked at him. She asked again, nervous.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

The inn worker looked alternated glances between Jungkook and the sword in his hand, his legs shaking.

"Oh... it's just... it looked like your wife was pregnant, so I was only asking if there was anything she disliked so I could bring something else..."

Since Lalisa had taken her robe and coat off, she was wearing a light dress that showed her bulging belly clearly. It seemed that the inn boy had noticed it and was only asking whether she liked the food.

Jungkook felt ridiculous for getting angry over something like this.

No, more than that, his own reaction left him dumb-struck. Seeing Lalisa licking sauce off her fingers with her huge, round belly ignited a strong sexual impulse within him. He felt extremely aroused just by looking at her.

Jungkook quickly fixed his expression. Lalisa had previously shown hesitation and fear of his touch, so his sudden impulse of lying with her were no different from a beast's. Jungkook spoke in a lower tone to hide his surging emotions.

"The food is fine, you may leave."

His tone of voice seemed a little displeased, so both Lalisa and the worker quivered. The inn worker left the food tray on the table and left the room as though he was escaping.

In the uncomfortable silence that followed, Lalisa's eyes finally settled on him.

"I opened the door because they said they were bringing food. So..."

Jungkook quickly shook his hand to stop her.

"No, I'm not angry about that."

"Oh. Then I apologize for eating without waiting for you. I was just going to taste the food but I felt so hungry, I..."

"It isn't that, either."

"Then, why are you angry?"

"I'm not angry."

"You look angry."

"..."

Jungkook let out a sigh. He could not tell her his honest feelings, so he tried making his voice sound as natural and relaxed as possible.

"I was surprised to find the door open. Since the food is already here, let's eat."

He placed Lalisa in front of the table and sat across from her. As expected from a Port city, there was a lot of fresh seafood on the tray. Jungkook grabbed some fist-sized shrimps, cut them to smaller pieces and carefully placed them on Lalisa's plate. Lalisa pierced the meat with her fork and began eating. As she smiled happily while chewing her food, Jungkook laughed.

"Luckily, the food seems to agree with you."

"Yes. I'm sorry for saying this, but their seafood might be even better than the food prepared by the Palace cooks. I might end up taking them with me home."

"Then I'll consider g-..."

"Please don't take my jokes so seriously."

Lalisa reprimanded him for being too serious while she spread some butter over some lobster and placed it in Jungkook's plate. A bright smile spread on his face. This was the first time in his life he was eating something Lalisa had personally served him. The seafood Lalisa had placed on his plate was extremely soft and sweet, a taste he'd remember for the rest of his life without a doubt.