Chapter 14

"My greetings to Lana," I hear Audrey's mom shout out to me from across the street and I nod in response, shouting back, "She'll hear!"

I'd gotten to Audrey's, only to find out she wasn't at home.
Immediately, my heart started racing fast and hard, but her mom assured me that she got home safe and was doing very fine.
She'd actually gone to her grandma's for the weekend.

Good for her.

I've had to hear about how much she loved staying with her grandma because she was super cool only about a million times.

I make it a point to call her when I get back home as I start down the street leading back home.
And guess who I just happen to chance into?....

.....

Parked on his motorcycle across the street, is Randy. I double my steps and try to escape before he notices me.
He seems to be making a phone call or something.
I mean, it's either that or he's posing for a cover page picture of a magazine, although I can't seem to spot any cameramen or lightning sets around.
With a phone casually plastered across his cheek, he's half sitting, half leaning against his "baby" with one foot on the paddle and the other just a few feet in front of it. His long hair rhythmically sways along with the wind, making the entire science very breathtaking.

O and did I mention his half buttoned shirt?

His shirt's long sleeves are rolled all the way up to his elbows, exposing his very veiny forearm, while the top three buttons of the shirt are intentionally left open to reveal parts of his chest....not too much, just enough for any eye to notice and probably drool over.

Seeing him brings back flashes of last night.
And this morning too.

Good morning princess....
Yes, I'm her boyfriend....
I could cuddle you better....
I hear his voice sound in my head all over again and I violently shake myself back to reality.
Not now, I think to myself....I can't dwell too much on his "sweetness".

I know Randy's naturally a flirty person, but I just can't help but wonder.....
Why exactly is he flirting with me???

More so, why do I seem to enjoy it?.....want more of it, even???

"Mandy!" I hear him yell.

Without thinking, I immediately remove the scrunchy from my hair, releasing it in a wild mass of waves all over my head, and covering parts of my face.
It's been weirdly confusing enough with him within the past 24 hours, I'm not about to confuse myself even more by spending more time around him.

I keep on walking like I didn't hear him call.

"Mandy!" The voice yells again, even more persistent this time.

I sigh, halt and turn in his direction, an awkward smile on my face.

He waves at me excitedly and proceeds to cross over. I just stand there, trying my possible best to not stare...or drool too much.

"Were you seriously tryna hide from me just now?" He asks once he reaches where I am.
"I wasn't," I lie.
"Yes, you were. You even brought your hair down to try and cover your face," he points out, pointing to the scrunchy around my hand.

"So what if I did?" I challenge and he chuckles lowly.
"Then that'd be so dumb because I'd recognize you in any hairstyle, anytime and anywhere," he goes on, sending a smile to my face.

"There's that smile," he adds and I fight the urge to smile even wider. I don't want to come across as some sort of creep.

He points to the scrunchy again. "Here." He signals me to give it to him and I immediately do just that.