Chapter 26

"Mandy."
I hear a voice whisper in my ear, followed by a less than friendly nudge....a very familiar and violent wake-up nudge.

Only one person I can think of would do that...

Miranda!

"Go away," I reply sleepily, my eyes still tightly shut.

"Mom's awake, so whatever the hell is going on here, it had better be gone before she comes looking for you!"

That seemed to do the trick.
My eyes pop open real fast, only to find Miranda's face hovering over mine.

I'd thought it was all a dream...that my delusions were finally catching up with me in my dreams.
But seeing him here, laying next to me, I realize that it was all so very real.

"Get out of my face, creep." I push her away and struggle to a sitting position, rubbing at my eyes real hard.
I turn to look at the sleeping figure curled up on the other side of the bed with his back to me, looking so peaceful in his sleep.
Slowly, I peel the covers off my legs and get down from the bed, cautious not to wake him up.

"That's pointless. You know he's still gonna have to go, right?"

"Hush, Miranda. Keep it down," I whisper, but she only rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"No, He's got to go, Mandy," she insists.

"Just 30 more minutes," I plead, risking a backward glance at him, just in time to catch him turnover to face us, his countenance lighting up as the early morning rays rest gently on his face.
I can't help but be distracted momentarily, wondering what he's dreaming about that's making him sleep so peacefully.

"I'm the one who sneaked him in, Mandy. It's my ass on the line here," she explains in a whisper.
I get her point, I really do, but I just can't bring myself to wake him up.
I mean, just look at that serene look on his face! I'd hate to destroy it.

"I know, I know. And I'm grateful for that, Miranda. 30 minutes...that's all I ask. Keep mom out of my room for just 30 minutes," I go on desperately, my eyes fixed on hers to make her realize how badly I want this.

"But-" she begins to protest, but backs down immediately.
Exhaling deeply, she tells me, "Okay, fine. But he had better be gone in 30 minutes time."

"Thank youuuuu," I squeal in delight undertone, gently pushing her towards the door.

"You girls planning on murdering me?"
Our heads snap back at the same time to face him.

Now wide awake, he gives us a weak wave, cheerfully greeting, "Good morning!"

"Morning, sunshine," Miranda mumbles her sarcastic reply.
I simply nod and smile sweetly before turning my attention back to Miranda.

"Great.... you woke him up. Happy now?" I whisper in her ear.
She just couldn't let me have this one thing!

"Yeah. Very much. Now tell him it's time to leave," she whispers back, much to my annoyance.

"What's going on?" I hear his voice, this time much closer than before.
I quickly spin around to find him towering over me.

"What are you wearing?" Miranda asks, the disgust very evident in her tone.
The look on her face, even worse!

She takes a step back and looks from Randy to me and back, not failing to roll her eyes afterwards, in the most annoying way ever known to man.

"A onesie," Randy offers up, an embarassed look plastered across his face.
I look down at my giant Mickey mouse covered costume, suddenly starting to regret my decision to make us wear them last night.