Calm Before the Storm

Henri knocked on the door to the principal's office, not even bothering to wait for permission to come in before entering the room. Sure enough, Lila's mother was still there, her eyes a little puffy from crying, and so was Marinette, sitting in the chair next to her. Principal Damocles was at his own desk, looking at Henri sternly.

"Mousier LeRoi, we are in the middle of a meeting. If you would just wait one second—"

"I most certainly will not!", Henri said back defiantly. "With all due respect, Mousier Damocles, my Maribelle has been through enough because of that horrid girl! I won't let her relive it!"

"She's already begun to tell us about Lila—"

"And now she's done!", Henri cut her off. "Our classmates outright admitted that Lila tried to turn everyone against her! I admit it! What other testimony do you need?"

"Mousier LeRoi, while your convern for Marinette is noble, I think she can speak for herself."

"I'm her boyfriend!  I don't want her exerting herself!  I'm showing concern for Marinette, something no one else here has done for months now, so why are you making me out to be the bad guy?"

"Mousier Damocles, it's okay.", said Marinette, getting up.  "He's right, I've probably said enough."

"Are you sure?", the principal asked her.

Marinette opened her mouth to speak, but Henri cut her off.

"She said enough.  Now let's go, Maribelle."

He took her hand and practically dragged her out of the office before Damocles could get a word in.  The principal's bushy eyebrows knitted together, and his mustache drooped as his lips set into a hard frown.  Something about the way Henri had handled this situation, how he had just barged in here and shut everyone down like he was the boss of it all, it just rubbed him the wrong way.  Even more-so how Marinette had just gone along with it, like he said jump and she said how high.

But he couldn't focus on that right now. He had more pressing matters at the moment. "Mme. Rossi...so your daughter is definitely expelled."

Benigna hung her head in shame. She had known this was coming, but it still sucked. Nonetheless, she nodded. "Yes, I understand."

"And since she missed so much school, and had her classmates do most of her assignments, she'll have to be held back by at least one year."

"I see."

"Now, given her...behavior towards Mlle. Dupain-Cheng, I can recommend you some very good schools here in Paris that specialize in correcting her attitude."

"That will not be necessary, Msr. Damocles.", said Mme. Rossi. "After today, I will be sending Lila back to Italy to live with her grandparents. They are very authoritarian in parenting, which is exactly what I think Lila needs. I appreciate the help though."

Damocles nodded. "You are most welcome, Mme. Rossi. And I am so sorry for everything. I should have looked further into your emails, I should have double-checked things."

"No, don't beat yourself up over it.", said Benigna. "I should have called the school sooner. I shouldn't have believed Lila's diversion tatics so easily. I really am so sorry for everything my daughter has done, to you, to your students."
——————————
Lila smirked as she watched the other kids shout and scream towards Adrien.

"How could you do this to us?!", hollered Nathaneal.

"We thought you were our friend!", sneered Ivan.

"Guys, let me explain—", started Adrien, only to be cut off, yet again.

"We don't wanna hear it!", snapped Mylene. "We don't wanna hear anything from you ever again! We're done with you!"