Revolution

Marinette saw Henri leaving the hallway, coming back into the hotel lobby. She ran over to him, eyes wide and curious. "Well? How did it go?"

Henri opened his mouth to answer her.

KABOOM!

Everyone jumped and screamed at the sudden explosion. A witch-like cackle echoed off the tall walls as someone zipped into lobby with the speed of a jet plane, hovering overhead for all to see.

She wore a tiara that looked like shards of glass gathered on the top of her head. Her skin was whiter than white, with various scars and markings all over that looked a lot like cracks. Her eyes were shining purple, and her hair was streaked golden and red. She wore a dress that looked like stained glass, but with more crack-like markings separating the various colors rather than regular linings.

She held up a gloved hand, glowing in dark-purple magic, and announced proudly, "I am Shatter Queen! I will break apart everything you hold dear! Items! Friendships! Relationships! Even the carefully crafted personas you've all passed off as your true selves! Liars and false friends, fear my wrath!"

The room erupted into it's usual panic as a stampede started towards the exit. Shatter Queen swooped into the crowd and plucked one unlucky kid from the bunch, pulling him up as he kicked and screamed for help. She placed her glowing hand on his chest, and the sound of shattering glass filled the ballroom. She dropped him onto the ground, where some people rushed over to see if he was okay.

Moments later, he sat up and crawled backwards, away from all the people. "No! Leave me here! I can't do this!"

"What are you talking about, man? You're like, one of the most confident people I know!"

"Yeah, that's what I all wanted you to think! But the truth is, I'm not confident at all! I hate myself! I think I'm ugly and boring!"

"But you're captain of the soccer team! And you're dating the hottest girl in class!"

"I don't even like soccer! I didn't even wanna try out! I actually hate sports! I wanted to join the sci-fi club, but my dad wouldn't let me! He said he wouldn't have a nerd for a son. And I don't like dating Anna, either. I don't even think I like girls! I only went out with her because my dad told me to!"

The people around him looked at him with wide eyes and hanging jaws.

Henri saw this, and his heart dropped. This was not good. If Shatter Queen touched him, his own persona of Marinette's perfect boyfriend would dissolve, and it would be game over. He had to hide.

Luckily, for him, Marinette gave him an out. "Henri, you go find a hiding place! I'm gonna go call for help!"

"You go, beautiful! I believe in you!" And he took off as soon as he got the chance.

Marinette ducked under a table and opened her purse, letting her kwami out. "Time to transform! Tikki, spots on!"

When she emerged, fully costumed, she saw that Chat Noir had arrived and was already fighting back the akuma, swinging his baton at her.

"Who broke your heart, Shatter Queen?"

"Too many people, that's who!", she growled back. "Both filthy males, like you! You men are scum! Toying with us then throwing us away like broken toys when it's no longer easy! Well, I'll be doing the breaking from now on!"

Ladybug and Chat Noir fended her off for a moment, then, when she started to look winded and a little tired, Ladybug decided to use her secret weapon.

"Lucky Charm!", Marinette commanded, the magic ladybugs emerging and filling the room with light. They flurries in an upwards spiral and, in a flash, transformed into the shape of the Miracle Box.