The Ol' Sympathetic Ear

Marinette adjusted the straps of her backpack over her shoulders.  Taking her lunch break at home wasn't something she really enjoyed, but it did provide her a much-needed break from all the Lila drama, if only a short one.  As she headed for the exit, she heard a gentle voice call out to her.  She glanced over her shoulder to see Henri standing there, smiling.  "Where are you going?"

"Home for lunch.", she said plainly.  "Its the only way I can get a break from you-know-who."  He followed her line of vision to the class, all crowded around their teller of tales, who was drinking in all the attention.  The only ones who were absent from her shrine were Marinette, Henri and Adrien, who was taking his lunch break at a fitting.

Henri smirked.  "If you're worried about being lonely, I'll sit with you."  Marinette brightened a bit.  "Really?"  It felt like such a long time since someone had sat with her at lunch.  Everyone always flocked to Lila's table to hear more stories about her totally awesome, totally fake life.  For Mari, it was either sit alone or join the others at Lila's place, and heaven knows that last one wasn't going to happen.

Henri nodded.  "Really.  We'll sit far away from those dumb sheep."  Marinette winced.  Whether or not they chose to believe Lila's stupid stories, she wasn't very comfortable with someone calling them "dumb sheep".  On the other hand, they weren't really making a good first impression on Henri, and he was only trying to make her feel better.  So she decided to let it slide just this once.

He offered her his hand.  "Shall we, m'lady?"  Marinette blinked at that nickname.  M'lady.  That was Chat Noir's name for her when they saw each other in costume.  Even though she found the name cheesy and a little irritating, she wasn't sure she was comfortable with someone else referring to her in the same way.  But Henri didn't know.  So she just took his hand and didn't say a word.
---------------
Alya got some napkins from the lunch supplies table and placed them onto her tray hastily.  Lila was in the middle of the story of how she had been offered a movie deal, and the journalist did not want to miss a second of it.  However, as soon, as she spun around, she caught sight of something that, for once, made her forget all about Lila for a minute.

Marinette was sitting at a table far away.  But she wasn't alone.  The new guy was sitting with her, just like he had in class.  They looked just as comfy and cozy together as they had in the back row.  Alya picked up on their dynamic right away.  Even though they had only just met hours before, they were chatting and laughing like they had known each other for ages.

Then something bug happened, so big, Alya might have never forgiven herself if she had missed it.  Marinette blushed.  Her cheeks turned a soft pink, her cheeks swelling as the corners of her mouth pressed up against them, as she looked at Henri.  Alya recognized that blush right away.  It was the exact same blush that was usually saved for Adrien, and on occasion, Luka.  It surprised Alya.  This guy must have been smooth to get that blush on his first day.

Alya hadn't realized that she had arrived at the table until she bumped into the ledge, bruising her hip.  "Yow!"  The others immediately asked if she was alright, and she quickly said she was fine.  Satisfied with her answer, they all turned their attention back to Lila, who picked up where she had left off.  Only this time, Alya was paying no attention.

She knew she should be happy that Marinette had a new friend.  But there was something about Henri that just gave Alya a funny feeling in her stomach.
-----------------
"No!  No!  This is all wrong!"  Vincent groaned in frustration as his subject refused to work with him.  "Come on!  Show me Adrien Agreste's smile!"  He tried again, but still, the boy's smile did not appear.  Finally, Vincent ordered a five minute break in hopes that the model would use the time to take care of whatever was ailing him.