Chapter 3

So Shido's great idea was to hang out together at something called a "  carnival fair " , I've never been to one so I was indeed intrigued to see what one was like , I heard that you can buy stuff there with this country's currency so I acquired some .

And waited for that ridiculous guy , I knew my spirit form would draw to much unwanted attention so I wore casual clothing in my human form.  I heard the approaching footsteps as Shido caught up to me , I had my arms crossed as I watched him " took you long enough , I had half a mind to ditch you here "

Shido sweatdropped " sorry...I had to deal with my sister "

I shrugged and walked to the entrance of the carnival , it was loud and busy. There were so many different stands for many different things , some for food , some with merchandise and most with all sorts of activities. We walked around for a bit , I'd ask Shido what the activities were for and he'd explain . Then we came across a stand that had the words " pie throwing " I stopped and looked at it . Shido stopped beside me " oh this is where you buy some cream pies and throw it at the person standing behind the cardboard with their faces sticking out "

The man behind the stand stepped out " I need a temporary target , I'll pay anyone who will volunteer !" He begged looking at the crowd .

I smirked and grabbed Shido's hand raising it up " sir ! My friend volunteered " Shido looked at me with horror .

The man smiled " really ? Wonderful ! Please come step behind the cardboard and put your face on this "

Shido whispered yelled " I am not doing that !"

I smirked even more " you said you want to earn my trust didnt you ? " Shido groaned as the voice in his ear yelled " just do it Shido ! It'll make him happier !"

Shido sighed and walked up to the stand , the man smiled " 2 bucks a pie ! Anyone want to try?"

I smirked and put 10 down " I'll buy 5 " the man nodded and put the five infornt of me as Shido's eyes widened " Ryu! You wouldn't !"

I picked up the one pie " let's see how great my aim is without magic " I aimed at Shido and threw the pie purposely missing him , the pie smashed right beside his face . He looked woozy , I smirked " you okay there bud ?"

"Fine.. just...great " he mumbled . I purposely missed him for the next three pies , but with the last pie I decided to finally stop messing with him , I threw the pie directly in his face . Shido groaned as the man clapped "congratulations,  you get a prize !"

He gestured to a large stand of stuffed animals , I noticed a adorable minuture blue dragon . "That one sir " the man smiled and gave it to me , I lifted up to my eye level and smiled. This thing was adorable . I looked to Shido to find him staring at me with a surprised blank stare , I frowned " what ?"

He cleared his throat " nothing " he wiped his face down with a cloth as we walked , he kept glancing at the dragon between the face rubbing " a dragon ? Isn't that like buying a arrow pointing directly at you screaming that you're a dragon spirit?"

I shrugged " you're just jealous because this thing is cuter than you "

Shido looked surprised , I noticed that we were walking on a bridge that had a water ride pass by it , drenching the people that stood by the rails.  Shido was to busy wiping his face to notice , I smirked and moved him closer to the rails " wait here " I told him which he just nodded , I moved out the splash zone and smirked holding the dragon close .

Shido was finally done and he looked at me puzzled " why are you just standing there ?" The upcoming sound of the water ride caused Shido to look over , his eyes widened with realization but it was to late . The water ride came splashing down and Shido was drenched,  he looked so unhappy and soaked through the bone that I burst out laughing .

Shido sighed as the voice in his ear said " his happy mood is over 100% , you should let him torture you more "

Shido groaned " this isn't great "

I smirked and nodded my head to a food stand " come on , I'll get you a burger " I walked over to the stand and ordered two burgers as we sat on a bench , Shidos clothes were dripping as he munched his burger .

I watched the people around us , how they had fun and laughed without a care , like what I did not so long ago . Is this what human life is like ?

I suddenly felt a pang of sadness as I lowered my burger , what are spirits supposed to be then ? Why are we here ? And why don't I know anything ?

Shido glanced up and frowned " what's wrong ?" . I sighed and crossed my arms laying on them as I watched everyone walk around " must be nice , to exist and not be hated for it . " I frowned again " being a spirit sucks "

Shido watched me with astonishment , the silent was a  comforting response but it didn't last long as I heard a faint click up in the sky . I immediately noticed people in floating machines with large weapons  , I frowned and grabbed shido and hid behind the food stand , the floating people were looking around.  Shido looked just as upset as I " what are they doing here ?"

I immediately transformed and gave him the dragon teddy " get out of here " I pushed him away as I flew into the sky without another word.