CHAPTER THREE

Aurelia Faris Black

It's 8am and my eyes are so swollen. Last night was a shit show. I lean back against the wall. Why am I so sensitive? Do I always have to be so sensitive? I wish emotions had an on and off switch.

I always had a problem with eating. At first it was just because of my small appetite but as time went on, I became more self conscious with the way I look so I started eating less to lose weight even though I was already on the edge of being underweight. So when he said that, I guess it really struck a nerve. I don't really struggle with that anymore but it just brought back bad memories.

These puffy eyes makes me look weird. I sigh as I walk over to my unpacked bags and look for concealer and eyeshadow, maybe these can help fix the way my eyes look. 

I need to unpack soon.

Making sure the makeup looks natural, I'm ready to start my day.

I walk under the arch, entering into the kitchen. I greet Nathaniel since he was the only one in the kitchen.

" How'd you sleep?" he asks, giving me a gentle smile before dropping eggs onto a plate along with bacon.

" I slept fine" I lie, I slept awful. It took hours to fall asleep and I kept tossing and turning throughout the night. Which reminds me, today is going to be awkward especially with Lucien. Maybe I can just ignore him.

" That's good, well you came down just in time. Be careful it's hot" he says, placing down a plate in front of me.

I thanked him before trying my hardest to swallow all of the food given to me. The large portion making it hard to do so. When I feel the urge to throw up, I finally stop. I nervously turn to Nathaniel before telling him I was full.

Nathaniel raises an eyebrow at me before giving a hesitant nod. 

I send him a thankful smile before throwing the rest away in the trash. 

We spent the remaining time with me listening to him telling me that what Lucien did was wrong and that my reaction was valid, which honestly warmed my heart. Our conversation was promptly stopped the rest of the Black brothers and sister started entering the kitchen for breakfast.

" Aurelia, you will be starting school in a week, Alec and Lucien will be taking you shopping for school supplies." Alessandro says chewing the eggs " I am quite impressed with your school records, especially that you skipped a grade. Which means you and Hera will be in the same grade."

I give him a bright smile as everyone expressed their amazement around the table.

I smile. I feel like all the hard work just got payed off. I remember running home to tell Lara about this news, only to find out the school called her already and just shrugged it off like it was nothing.

And then Lucien ruined the moment by complaining that he had better things to do than to go shopping with me. " That is so stupid. She's so fucking annoying, why can't someone else go shopping with her?"

" You have your entire life to be a jerk, why can't you just take a day off?" I deadpanned back out of pure irritation. Everyone goes silent and I hesitate.. and then laughter fills the room.

I shuffle a bit in my seat as I take a glance at everyone in the room.

I stop at Hera when I see her giving me a glare. I stare back, not glaring back but just keeping eye contact. I cross my arms making myself more comfortable without breaking eye contact.

I only look away after she does. I really need to get into the ring, I need a break. I'm in New York now and I know a few fighting places here. I was pretty popular back in California, but now I'm across the country so most people here wouldn't know me but that's not a problem, I can easily get myself up in the rankings.