Chapter 3

JORDAN

I grinned at my buddy when he got up to pace the floor by the giant windows that look out over the city. The windows we had custom ordered and installed, of course, when we bought the top three floors of the building for Steel and Stone Holdings. The company was our baby, and we’d raised it ourselves from nothing to the juggernaught of the clean energy world it was today.

This was our damn empire - our legacy. And from up here, we could look out of those giant windows at the entirety of New York. It was like a reminder, looking out and seeing all that. Hell, we could even seen the tenements across the river in Queens where we’d grown up - where we’d learned to fight to survive and where’d both found the brother we’d never had. I shook my head as I poured another glass of bourbon and stood to join Luke at the window.

An empire, and one pair of legs in hot skirt and pair of fuck me heels, with sky-blue eyes and lips made for sin could topple the whole thing. Hell, one almost had. The world opens up to you when you’re rich. But it also means you’re more vulnerable. When you’ve got a lot to lose, people want a piece of it, and they’ll lie, cheat, steal, and kill to get it. But then, we’re not like most guys in this position.

Yeah, we’d made a killing in the clean energy market - more money than we’d ever be able to spend in ten lifetimes. But we hadn’t forgotten who we were or where we’d come from. Luke and I were still hard. We were still rough around the edges. We were still the dirty street kids from the slums, and we had the scars, the tattoos, and the animal instincts to back it up. And you you know what? We liked who we were.

Shit, we were more than okay to not be a part of the normal who’s who of rich CEO types. The dinner parties, the stuffy jackets, the bullshit politics. Nah, fuck that. We enjoyed going against that grain, and being the outsiders on the rich-kid block. Hell, they’d all been handed their fortunes. We’d bled for ours. And now here we were, kings of the city that’d tried to bury us when we were young. I stood next to my friend by the window and clinked my glass to his.

It was early, but I know he was as damn floored as I was by her. Sasha. I could see it plain on his face, and knew mine probably looked the same. This one was different. Yeah, so Luke and I had a thing for sharing women. We always had, and really, it tended to be a deal breaker with us. You didn’t just get one, you got the package deal. Most women did not complain when they found that out.

Hell, we were rich, we took care of ourselves, and we had bodies cut out of fucking steel after years of fighting and training. The fact that both of us were packing some serious heat below the belt just made the women we shared all that much happier, which worked for us. Except when it didn’t, and it didn’t with employees. There’d been another secretary, the Amanda that Luke had snapped at me about minutes before.

Damn did we have something with her. We used to fill her out across both our desks, in our beds, in hers. And it meant something. At least, we both thought it did. Until she sued us. Fuck, yeah that had sucked. It wasn’t just the money either, it was knowing that her goal all along was to just build a bullshit case against us to clean us out later.

It was the lying, and the falsehoods which had burned. And it broke Luke and I a little. So we said no more to that, even though it’s been hard. And a tight, sexy little piece of sin like Sasha Reed is going to make that even harder. Hell, she’s already making something harder…

__________________________________________________

Twice BossedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara