CHAPTER 28

PRESENTS

"You're my favorite everything, Ollie." - Consider Me

AASHNI OBEROI

Past

2 years ago

"Mom, dad, this is Akeno," I said, my hands clasped in front of me nervously.

I'd never brought a man home to meet my parents. They had crazy standards and were strict enforcers of the mate bond, but I had a feeling Akeno would impress them and make them forget all about my mate.

Akeno shook my parents' hands before placing his hand on the small of my back. He was an alpha, the first one I had ever dated and I'd realized that he liked having his hands on me at all times.

Dinner was tense for a while but I had hopes that it would turn around. After all, I had gotten my brothers to like Akeno so my parents should be a piece of cake compared to them. Eventually, things turned around. Akeno was an expert at dealing with people so it was no surprise that he was able to make my mom laugh with his jokes and keep my dad engaged with his plans to start a business in order to bring in more revenue for his pack.

"Aashni, can you help me find a dress for my next premiere?" my mom asked in a sweet voice, one that I could tell was too sweet.

"Sure."

When we entered her room, she went inside her huge closet and pulled out two options for me to choose from.

"The green one," I said, "now tell me why you really dragged me in here?"

My mom put her dresses down and sat at the foot of her bed. She patted the spot next to her and I followed her lead.

"Sweetheart, Akeno is a great guy."

"But?"

"But, I think you should pull yourself back a little before you're in too deep. After all, you will meet your mate any day now."

"So what? My mate is not in my life."

My mom looked at me with a hint of pity in her eyes. She knew how much I had wished to meet my mate early on in my life, yet here I was, approaching 28 with no mate in sight.

"Sweetheart, werewolves live for so long. It might seem like it's been too long of a wait but it won't once you meet him, trust me."

I had truly never met such a huge man

I had truly never met such a huge man. Werewolves were usually tall and it was easy for us to build muscle. This meant it wasn't hard to find an attractive werewolf but I was literally dumbstruck watching Raiden shoot arrows. His muscles had muscles. I could see them through his shirt but when he took his shirt off?