★ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ★

Y/N's POV:

A crumpled piece of paper hits the back of my head. I abruptly turn around to glare at the person who threw it. He gives me a smirk and I turn back around.

It was my first day at Seijoh High and things were not going well. I wish someone could just end my misery.

Back in my old school, Fukurodani, I was pretty popular amongst the girls. I was part of a huge friend group, and when I say huge, I mean huge. My group consisted of more than 5 people and we all got along with each other really well.

Now, I'm stuck at Aoba Johsai because of some stupid mistake I made. My parents didn't think it was good for me to study at Fukurodani anymore because of the distractions. Well, this school is probably worse.

- - •☆• - -

I slung my light blue backpack over my shoulders and walked out the classroom. I head over to the gymnasium since I've heard Seijoh has a really talented volleyball team. Ever since I saw my friends playing volleyball, I've always been interested in it.

When I reach the gym, I slip inside the entrance and walk towards the bleachers.

About 3 minutes later, Aoba Johsai's volleyball team heads in the gym. I quickly glanced at every single member on the team, but my eyes stopped at one specific member. He was the guy who threw a piece of paper at me. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I guess he noticed me looking at him because he gazed at me in astonishment.

"Gah! What is she doing here?" He asks, pointing at me. I looked at him blankly.

Was he stupid?

Why else would I be here?

"She's probably here to watch our game, Trashykawa." A guy next to him says, smacking him in the back.

"Ouch Iwa-chan! That hurt!" Trashykawa, or whatever his name is, whines.

"Pfft," I giggle. They turn their bodies towards me when they heard my laugh.

"Are you laughing at me?" The brown-haired boy pouts, giving me a death stare. "That's so rude!"

He is so childish- I'm not even sure how people put up with him.

"Ye-" I start to say, but someone cuts me off.

"Excuse me," A guy with blonde hair interrupts, holding up his hand. "Oikawa, you should get started with practice, no?" I'm guessing this was Seijoh's coach?

"Yes, sir." The boy named Oikawa says, leading the rest of the team to the net.

"Hello, are you here for something?" He asks, giving me a curious look. "Would you like to be our new manager?"

"O-Oh hello sir. I'm just here to watch their practice. You see, I'm really interested in volleyball." I say. "Also, what do I do as a manager?"

"Call me Coach Mizoguchi." He says. Then, he gives me a brief explanation of the perks of being a manager for Seijoh. "You get to watch the team practice and play games, and I guess you know the rest."

"Sure, I'll try it out." I respond quickly, excited that I could watch the volleyball games. "When do I come to the gym?"

"Every week day but Monday. Can you make it?" He questions politely. I nod my head firmly and then he says, "Great, thank you! See you tomorrow." He walks out the door and another coach takes his place.

Oikawa's POV:

"Split up into two teams!" I shout. "Hanamaki's team, go on the right side of the court. Me and Iwaizumi's team will go on the left side."

I glance at the bleachers to see if the girl was still there, and as I expected, there she was, intensely staring at us.

No more than 3 minutes ago, she had been talking with Coach Mizoguchi. He was probably trying to recruit her as the manager. I wonder what she said.

We've had trouble finding a good manager lately. All the girls who tried out for that role were always looking for a way to talk to me, not that I mind. But they never did their job right. Hopefully the girl by the bleachers said yes. She wasn't even that bad looking, and I'm sure she'll make a great manager!