Chapter 2

I wasn't sure which was worse: my sister falling in love with my crush, or my crush falling in love with her.

That night, I drove as fast as I could back to our apartment and immediately ran into Ren's room. He looked up from his book, and his teasing smirk disappeared as soon as he saw the tears running down my face.

"What's wrong, Kylen? Who hurt you? I'll beat their fucking ass," he shouted as he leapt up from his bed. I didn't say a word, just ran into his arms. They immediately closed around me, wrapping me into a tight hug.

I sobbed into his body, my mind flashing back to the earlier events that night.

-Flashback-

Tykin's body was tall and muscular, his shirt tight around his perfect abs, his cargo pants fitting perfectly with his combat boots. I didn't even know men wore combat boots, but fucking shit, this man pulled it off well.

He grinned at me, and all I could think was, Oh my fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I had been in love with Tykin for the past eight months, and hadn't told anyone - not even my sister. Well, it might've slipped while talking to Ren because he somehow knew to give Tykin and I some "special time" whenever he came over. I usually pretended to be pissed, but when he came over tonight, I asked him to come to the park with me because I wanted to get something over with.

He brushed his blonde hair out of his eyes, and those dark blue irises hypnotized me. His grin faltered a bit, and I snapped out of my stupor.

"I apologize for staring," I said bashfully, glancing down at my feet. I cleared my throat a bit, and Tykin waited patiently. When I risked a glance back up at his face, he was giving me an adorably open smile, as though he was begging me to feel safe with him and trust him.

Which of course I did.

Like hell I did.

I took a deep breath, then said. "I like you a lot, like a lot-lot and I have for a very long time probably a whole year and I was wondering if you felt the same way and also would you like to be my boyfriend plus I really like you and you're hot and I'm going to stop there before I humiliate myself even further and could I just die of embarrassment now?"

Tykin looked like he was trying very hard not to laugh. I knew I looked like a fucking tomato right  now, and I felt my face get two degrees warmer as Tykin took both my hands in his.

"Of course, I would love to be your boyfriend."

My heart soared, and I experienced a euphoria of pure bliss.

"But...I'm already dating your sister."

Everything came crashing down. My body felt numb, and my grin collapsed. Tykin released my hands and muttered, "Sorry, dude," before turning away and walking back to his apartment. His apartment was much closer to the park than mine, so I had to drive us here. Now, I could spend the entire half hour thinking about the feeling of betrayal I was experiencing. 

-Present-

The whole story came pouring out through racking sobs. Ren listened throughout the entire thing, his face getting stonier and stonier with every sentence. When I was finished, my sobs were reduced to quiet hiccups.

"It's pretty stupid, huh?" I asked Ren, wobbling to sit down on his bed. "Crying over a guy. What a loser..."

A loud noise startled me, and I looked up, surprised. Ren had just punched the wall. Not his hardest, of course, otherwise it would've brought down the entire building. Just a hyperbole, but Ren is so strong, I wouldn't be surprised if he could.

"You..." Ren's voice was as shaky as the finger he pointed at me. "...will never be a loser. You are perfect in every way, and you don't need a blind ass man or a stupid sister who can't even recognize her brother's feelings. Did you ask how long they'd been together?"

I nodded. "Two months."

Ren's face turned as red as a tomato. "That bitch..."

"What? She couldn't have known, no one told h-"

"I told her!" Ren shouted. My entire world came crashing down. Everything turned black. A delirious smile formed on my tear stained lips.

"W-what?" I whispered, "No you didn't...she wouldn't have done that to me...why would she do that to me?"

Ren sighed as he plopped down next to me. All the fight seemed to have drained out of him at that last sentence. "She was jealous of our relationship. Turned out she had a crush on me for over two years, and when she told me, she couldn't believe I was interested in someone else. Let alone a guy."

I glanced over at him, surprised. "You're gay?"

Ren nodded. "Yeah...well, omnisexual, since I prefer guys. But I don't really do the one night stand thing with them, because it feels temporary, and when I'm with a guy, I want it to be perfect and to last forever. So I take in women, trying to pretend they're a guy, too. Sometime I let them peg me, just to get used to the feel of a man inside me. Of course, that only happens once or twice since women prefer to be dominated."

I shrugged. I wouldn't know. I was still a virgin.

"Sometimes I meet a guy I wouldn't mind settling down with, but I always get too scared to ask them out. So I just take in more and more women, and now it's a thing. Because eventually all the women lose interest, and then cry when they realize I wasn't interested in the first place."

I leaned into Rens warm embrace. He wrapped his arms around me once again.

"Who's the guy you like?" I asked.

Ren's grip on me tightened. "No one you know," he answered, though his voice had a slight edge to it. I pretended not to notice and snuggled deeper into his body. Eventually, he pulled me back onto the bed with him and we fell asleep tangle in each others arms.

...

hello queers.

i'm sorry i haven't posted in so long I WAS GROUNDED ToT

I finally managed to sneak my computer into my room, but y'all! MY MOM FOUND MY WATTPAD ACCOUNT AND SHIT I'M SO DEAD IF SHE GOES ON IT. because i have this book about lesbian smut that isn't even actual smut. it's just one stupid sentence and mostly the word 'poosay' over and over. it's the best book ever created.

Love y'all <3

ily, azar