Chapter 6 (TW: Murder)

- Leon's POV -

An electric current shot up my arm, but I smoothed my face into an easygoing grin as Kylen shot me a teasing smirk. As his fingers uncurled around around mine, I glanced behind me, eyes downcast.

Kylen turned as I whistled, then laughed. 

I swiveled on my heels and caught the eye of my friend, Jordan. He, too, was admiring Kylen. A small smile formed on my lips. Jordan was a cool guy, but Kylen had no idea who the fuck he was. Though in my opinion, Jordan was pretty hot. He was a darkskin, like me. He kinda looked like Tevon from Raising Dion. 

I pushed my way into the bathroom and did my business, then went to wash my hands. As I dried it, I heard my phone ping. It was from Kylen.

Hey, bitch.
hurry the fuck up and get out of that goddamn bathroom

calm the fuck down

i'm comin'

also, you're hot as fuck

The snort that escaped me wasn't exactly because I was amused. I was partly excited. The boyish part of me wanted to celebrate in that stinky-ass bathroom, but I kept myself calm. Instead, I allowed myself a quiet whoop, and chuckled, sliding my phone into my back pocket.

Just then, I heard a quiet thump behind me. I glanced in the mirror and saw some crazy crook holding a jagged knife. Fear exploded in my heart.

I spun around - grabbed - and din't even get to scream as he plunged the knife into my heart.

- Kylen's POV -

Where is that little bitch?

I glanced at my last text, telling him he was hot as fuck and deflated. He had left me on read for the past five minutes. I glanced up at movement and saw someone enter the bathroom. A normal thing in a normal bar, just another person needing to do their business. In that moment, I never knew how much a fucking bathroom could change my life.

A bloodcurdling scream echoed from the men's bathroom, and my heart dropped. Leon.

I was the first person there, even though I was all the way across by the entrance. I hurtled myself over all the tables, making it there in 3 long strides. "Leon!" I yelled, desperate for an answer, begging God and every other fucking saint in the world that I wouldn't see Leon's twisted body on the ground...

I froze. 

There was blood everywhere. Not any blood. Leon's blood. My vision started swimming. I sunk to my knees. Warm, sticky liquid seeped into my white shirt as I deliriously lay next to Leon. His blank eyes stared into nothing. I touched his face. It was still warm. Suddenly, Leon gasped. I screamed and leaned over him, grabbing his hand.

Leon turned his face to me. "Kylen..." he breathed.

I sniffled and squeezed his hand. "I-I'm here, I'm here, just wait, I'm gonna call 911, just wai-"

"Kylen."

My hand froze above the green call button. It shook, and those three stupid numbers glared up at me.

"I just wanted you to know..."

I looked at him, sniffing. My heart beat faster. Was he going to tell me he liked me? I shuffled forward through the blood, listening to his raggedy breathing with a heavy heart.

"I ate the last muffin at home." With a triumphant grin, his eyes died. I gaped at him, then shut my mouth and began fuming. That stupid dick had wasted his last breath on that? Then, his eyes grew clear once more and he gasped, "I'm also madly in love with you."

I laughed through tears and placed a kiss on his dying lips. "You're still a dick."

Grunting, he weakly squeezed my hand. "Worth..it..."

"No!" I sobbed, throwing myself over his body. "No..."

Suddenly, Ren appeared out of nowhere, his face white and his entire body trembling. "Kylen. Kylen, you need to get up. The police are here."

"NO!"

Ren sniffled, and a tear slid down his cheek. "C'mon, Kylen. You have to let the police through."

"No!" I swung at Ren's gentle arm, and he grunted. "LEAVE ME ALONE! Just leave me alone...Leon would never bother me...and he'll never bother me again..." I sobbed harder. "No...come back, please...please."

But Leon didn't come back. And he never would.

I was a blubbering mess in the backseat of the car while Ren drove me home. Foolish of him. The police just showed up at our front door and began questioning us immediately. I, by the way, ran  to my room and began crying like a fucking maniac.

When the police came up to question me, I practically cut  off Ren's hand circulation squeezing it.  After they left, I curled up like a little kid and began sobbing into Ren's chest. He wrapped a tense arm around my waist, and we both knew that Leon's light would never again shine in this dark apartment.

I looked up at Ren through teary, wet lashes and suddenly, I had an idea to get out of this ocean of sadness I was currently drowning. Delirious with sadness and grief I grinned slyly and slid into Ren's lap, straddling.

Ren's face tightened. "Kylen-"

I cut him off with a gentle kiss. He sighed into it. An electric current ran through my body. My first kiss with my hot roomie...a torrent of disgust slid into my heart, but the sorrow was too strong. It battled it off and I began sobbing even harder into the crook of Ren's neck.

Ren's arms gently encircled me, and soon, I felt his hand lift my chin. He sighed, his face tight with nerves. "I'm...99% sure that I'm going to regret this." He placed another kiss against my mouth and I leaned forward to deepen it.

When we separated, I breathed, "And the other 1%?"

Ren grinned. "The other 1% is going to fucking enjoy this."

...

hey guysss

i'm going to completely drop Leon's "case" or whatever they do after a murder bc idk what they do. lmk if you want me to write the smut scene, although I don't really know how. i'll try and learn tho ig ToT

ALSO I HAVE A NEW CRUSH HIS CODE NAME IS BEANSTALK AND HOLY FUCK HIS HAIR IS MAJESTIC

Love y'all <3