TWO.

"Eve, I'm just popping downstairs for a bit to take a look at some of the first editions that our client brought in yesterday

"Eve, I'm just popping downstairs for a bit to take a look at some of the first editions that our client brought in yesterday. Are you alright to hold the fort?" Sean says, resting a hand on my shoulder. I push down the slight shudder at the touch, nodding with a tight lipped smile.

"Yep, no problem. Are we expecting them today?" I reply, turning to face him so his hand falls off of my shoulder, instantly relaxing a bit more.

Paying no attention, Sean nods at me with slightly widened eyes, glancing at the clock.

"Yes. They're due in a couple of hours, so just stay here and do whatever you think needs to be done. You've been here long enough to know that I trust you won't burn the place down" he smiles, turning around to head down into the basement.

I immediately get to work, reorganising the several shelves of books located around the shop. Do people seriously not understand alphabetical order? I get this is part of my job, but seriously.

I work my way around the shop, and between that and serving customers, the whole process takes me just over an hour. I mean it would've been a lot quicker if I wasn't stuck with the most indecisive person on the planet choosing a book for their 3 year old child. I get it, it's good to get your child into reading, but from experience with my cousin, they care more about pictures than the actual story. In the end he chose The Great Gatsby - classic bedtime story.

I work my way back to the front desk, scanning some books to put them into the system ready to stock. Smiling at people coming in to have a look around, and that is when I saw you.

Memories of yesterdays events flood through my mind as you walk through the door, looking around at the surrounding literature with a small smile to your face. You have a curious gaze about you, with those beautiful green ey- wait. Who the fuck is that?

A blonde stands next to him, her arm hooked around his, laughing quietly. I push down any ounce of jealousy that I feel. Why would I feel jealous? I don't know you.

"Evelyn!" He smiles, immediately making his way over to me with the leach on his arm.

I immediately smile, a slight redness to my face as I remember his touch on my back yesterday. Hi Harry.

"I didn't know you worked here?" He says, his perfectly straight teeth gleaming at me. Teeth are one of the first things you notice about a person, and you have perfect teeth. You clearly take pride in your appearance, but not too much to the point where you come across as arrogant. Just enough to come across as confident, but humble.

"I do! I pretty much live here." I smile widely, chuckling slightly. I notice the blonde next to him look at me intensely at the corner of my eye. I turn to look at her. Of course you're beautiful.