•Prologue•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Rivals•

TW : Blood, Gore, Swearing, Murder,
display of tourettes (idk if it's a trigger but just in case, so I don't make any of ya'll suffer unintentionally :>)

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Blue and red lights flash as police tape covered each entrance to the crime scene, a police officer scrunched his nose in distaste at the graphic scene the scene had behold as he held the flashlight to search for evidence of the killer.

"I thought tonight was actually gonna be a normal night in this damned town.." The officer scoffed before he heard a reply from behind him.

"This is normal in this town, officer. What might you be talking about?" A woman with an off-putting smile said from the doorway, the shadows of the room and the blue and red lights making her figure look oh so menacing.

"Call it foolish hope, But I really wish the town residents get some proper therapy." He huffed in slight yet tired amusement as he turned back to the woman.

"I see you're fashionably late again, Detective Rye." he nodded to her as a greeting as his eyes followed her figure as she put on her rubber gloves and mask, immediately searching for the culprit's possible prints through the bloody massacre.

"You should know not to be surprised anymore, Officer Dean." she said with a small unsettling smile, not looking at him as she checked tha mutilated corpse for a certain engraving or note.

"I guess not." Dean hummed as he watched the detective do her work as he shined the flashlight on the corpse to help her see better.

Then there was awkward silence, it appears Dean didn't like awkward silences very much as he was the first to break it.

"So..any clue on who might be our mystery killer for today?" He sarcastically said as Rye paused in her tracks as she stared at the victim's right thigh with that same unsettling smile twitching into a frown of absolute hatred before getting strained into a smile again as she turned to the officer to her left, pointing at the corpse's thigh.

Dean raised a brow as he came closer to see what the detective was pointing at.

Just like that, goosebumps traveled across his body as his blood went cold at the engravings on the corpse's thigh. Such a simple thing but oh so valuable and fear enducing.

He gulped as he opened his mouth to read it out loud. "#130. Jesus Christ, help the people of this town for the devil herself has struck again." his voice trembled as he spoke with sweat rolling down his, praying to ay God that could possibly hear him.

"God has forsaken the people of this town long ago, officer. I'm sure she knows that already.." Rye spoke with such venom lacing her tone as her eyes narrowed but her sinister smile remained.

"When will you ever learn..you monster." She mumbled through gritted teeth as her smile dropped for a moment, an expression of pure hatred crossed her features as shadows enveloped her cold glare.

------

Blood and soap flowed through the water as it hit the sink before flowing down the drain, water splashed onto your face as you weaved your wet hair back to look at yourself in the mirror foggy mirror.

Wiping off the fog as you saw your own, apathetic and cold eyes staring back. You will never learn. And you refuse to.

130th kill and they were yet to lock you up in a prison with the rats as they swallow the key. It was getting ridiculous, but in a way it made you sadistically giddy. Honestly should you celebrate?

You blinked out of your thoughts as you actually thought it over. Should you celebrate?..

...

Nope, no one's there to celebrate with anyway. Plus you've got better things to do.

You glanced down at the sink then to your hands, humming in annoyance. "Hydrogen peroxide should do the trick." you spoke as you felt a lack of motivation wash over you.

You nodded to yourself as you raised a finger to make a point to no one in particular, "Tomorrow." you simply said before grabbing a towel to dry your face and making yourself out of the bathroom, passed the living room where the opened TV showed the news channel to get some water in the kitchen.

The bland and boring walls of your apartment echoed the voice of the news reporter as he informed about yet another victim of yours. Making you glance at the TV that showed the face of none other than the one and only Detective Rye.

Your expression remained cold and apathetic as Rye spoke  and secretly wished for your death. Oh how you loved winning against her.

------

"S-S-SON OF A FUCKEN' BITCH" A brunette with goggles exclaimed in frustration through his stutters as he threw the remote at a poor man in a yellow hoodie and a frowning mask, making the man grab the back of his head with a pained grunt.

"Oops, Sorry that was the tics. D-D-Didn't mean to do that- BUT FUCKKKK" The goggled man apologised and twitched before going back to his state of frustration.

"OH COME THE FUCK ONNN" another man with raven hair and a carved-in smile yelled out in frustration. The goggled man from before crossed his arms and nodded in agreement to the raven haired man's reaction.

"AGAIN?? HER? 130TH?? WHAT THE FUCK." the raven haired man complained as his dry eyes twitched at the news talking about the same killer that had been stealing their spotlight the past year.

No name, No appearance, just a signature and a humongnous impact on the town people. Which frustrated them more.

The goggled man's head twitched to the side a few times before he finally spoke again, "I actually p-put an effort to be stealthy and scary yesterday but they gave m-me 3 MINUTES!! 3 MINUTES OF ATTENTION ON THE NEWS!!" He flailed his arms in the air as his heads fo twitched again.

"Can you guys shut up, I don't see what the problem is with Mysterio over here stealing your spotlight cause last time I checked our job was to kill for the boss and not entertain on TV." A masked brunette deadpanned at the two loud men as he puffed out smoke from his lit cigarette.

A gloved hand grabbed his shoulder from behind making him turn to the owner of the arm.

"Dude stop, let them be. It's the best entertainment I've ever had in centuries." A blonde man that resembled a certain video game character and a bloody trail of tears on his cheeks giddily spoke with a shit-eating grin as he floated behind the masked brunette with a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

This earned an irked expression on the two frustrated men's face, but before they could complain more, a loud ringing sounded through their ears making the flinch and cringe in pain.

A certain eldritch does not appreciate the noise they were causing.

When the ringing stopped the raven haired male scoffed before standing up to leave as the goggled brunette wiped the blood coming out of his ears in distaste before his head twitched yet again.

Not that they didn't like the thought of many suffering and dying in agony. Its just that they don't appreciate rivals.