•Chapter 3•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•Speak of the devil•

TW : Violence, Weapons, Profanity

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

The two serial killers stood into the eery and empty apartment as they silently looked around in search of the infamous Mysterio.

A muffled huff escaping the masked brunette's mouth as he seemed ticked off that the one they were searching for wasn't home, after all the effort it took them to sneak past the cops on patrol to get to their target's apartment without getting spotted.

"She's not here, Tim.." Brian told him as he walked out of the empty bedroom, stepping over various trash on the floor along the way. The apartment looked trashed as if it belonged to a depressed individual.

"No shit sherlock." Tim muttered as he lifted his mask up, lighting a cigarette in his mouth with a scowl, puffing out the smoke before turning to Brian whom remained unbothered by his snappy mood.

"Did you find anything in her room that may hint where she could have gone?.." Tim asked Brian as he responded with a shake of his head.

Tim scoffed as he puffed his cigarette once again and walked towards the kitchen aisle, opening the fridge only to be confused at the rotting smell inside and the only food item being inside was imported cheese.

"The fuck?.." Brian muttered under his breath a s he peeked over Tim's shoulder. Tim glanced at him with a deadpan before he closed the fridge.

The two killers only stood in silence as they fell deep into their own thoughts. The silence was disturbed when a click of the door sounded at the entrance of the apartment.

They both flinched as they didn't bother to look at each other and each found places to hide in.

You stumbled into the messy apartment as you took of your trenchcoat and unbuttoned two buttons near the collar of your button up shirt. Kicking off your shoes and sighed as you collapsed on top of your couch with an exhausted sigh.

"Fuckin 'ell.." you muttered to yourself, your voice muffled due to your face being buried on the couch. You reached out your hand to the coffee table, tapping around to try and find the remote without raising your head but only feeling a small rounch object in your hand.

You turned your head to look a t what was in your hand to see your stressball, huffing with a deadpan as you buried your face on the couch once again and threw the ball towards the kitchen aisle.

Going back to searching for the remote with your hand before flinching at the sound of a loud *THUD* coming form the kitchen. Making you pause in your actions as you slowly raised your head with a murderous gaze towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen Brian tossed and turned around the kitchen floor in pain as he clutched his hip, trying to keep in his groans as he clenched his teeth together to keep his noises in, glaring at the stressball he stepped on as he saw Tim trying to catch his attention with his hand gestures.

He turned to Tim who hid inside a kitchen cabinet as Tim frantically gestured him to stand up and hide. Brian scoffed quietly as he took a deep breath and shakily crawled towards the pantry as fast as he could.

The two killers hid just as soon as you stepped into the kitchen, a fear induced aura radiating off of your figure as you stalked around the kitchen.

You stopped in your tracks as you glanced at the cabinets. Your senses on its peak as you heard faint breathing somewhere.

You didn't speak, staying silent as adrenaline and absolute horror swallowed both of the killers for the first time in a long time.

Both clutching onto their own weapons as Tim felt his breath hitch quietly as he heard the cabinets opening one by one, curing underneath his breath as he readied his blade.

The loud and slow creaking of each cabinet as they opened and closed, closer and closer to him, he gritted his teeth as he slightly trembled at the tension that suffocated him.

He was starting to feel claustrophobic inside the cabinet as his breaths ran short. Sweat trailing down his neck and underneath his mask as he heard the cabinet he hid in creak.

Opening ever so slowly as he tackled you down as soon as he was able to. You stumbled back onto the kitchen counter with a grunt as you held back his wrist with a knife in his hand as he tried to bury the sharp blade into your neck.

His body pressed against yours as he pinned you on the kitchen counter. The blade shook in his clenched hand, your own hand gripping on his wrist, keeping his blade away from your neck.

His deadly gaze met your condescending eyes as you clicked your tounge and kicked him back as he was thrown backwards with a grunt escaping his mouth.

You got off of the counter as you lunged at him, your fingers wrapping around his neck with a deadly grip as you grabbed his wrist and twisted it, causing him to drop his blade with a loud yelp.

His hands found your wrists as you strangled him, his airways were blocked as he let out choked curses, seeing black spots starting to block his vision, his teary eyes almost rolling back as he desperately clawed on your wrist before he felt the air return to his lungs when he was abruptly dropped after the sound of a bullet rang out.

Brian fully walked out of the pantry as he aimed the gun at your head, you weren't phased as you calmy stepped away from Tim.

Glancing at the bullet hole on the floor before glancing back at Brian with a condescending expression. He glared through his frowning mask as his hand shook with adrenaline, rage and horror at the same time. It overwhelmed him as he glanced at Tim whom coughed on the ground, trying to catch his breath.

The tension in the room suffocated both of the men as you kept your underwhelming gaze on them.

"You've got a lot of nerve to point a gun at me in my own apartment."

You cut off the intense silence as Tim stood up and stumbled beside Brian with his blade in his hand once again. The men glared at you as they didn't respond making you tilt your head curiously.

"That was a loud bang from your gun. Did you really think it was the smartest idea to pull the trigger in a place filled with patrolling cops?.." you spoke as Brian seemed to narrow his eyes at you even more.

Their stunned silence made you smirk sadistically when suddenly a loud and frantic knock was heard from the front door, followed by Detective Rye's concerned and urgent shouts.

You felt your smirk grow as you glanced at the door before glancing back at the two men whom looked at each other with panic.

"Speak of the devil.."