•Chapter 5•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

•WRATH

TW : Mention of Weapon, drugs, Violence

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

A long silence ensued after your reply as you went to peek through your closed blinds, seeing cop cars on and officers patrolling the area everywhere.

You scoffed at the sight as you glanced back at the masked men with a blank expression.

"You won't be able to get out of here until sunrise. The cops won't leave until daylight." you informed them as you flopped down on the couch and opened the last unopened coke on the coffee table, taking a sip and sighing in satisfaction at the sensation of the cold fizzy drink.

The two men glanced at each other skeptically before peeking through your blinds to see for themselves, hearing Masky curse under his breath before looking at you whom wore an 'told you so' expression.

Hoodie warily glanced at his companion before nudging him, making Masky look at him with a gruff expression.

"Your pills." Hoodie quietly reminded at the sight of his companion becoming irritable by the second. Masky only softened his glare at him before nodding in a silent form of 'thank you.'

Masky reached into his pocket and pulled out a small orange container of his pills, at the sight of it you narrowed your eyes in interest as you watched him swallow one before he sighed in relief.

You raised a brow at Hoodie whom just shrugged you off, not in the mood to explain nor was it his place to tell you. You nodded in silent understanding as you let the subject go and took another sip of your soda before resting your elbows on your knees, sitting on the edge of your couch in a hunched over manspread.

You glanced at the two men whom awkwardly stood there.

"So who sent you two.." you confronted as the tension from earlier suddenly returned, making their heartbeats quicken and pound against their chest, adrenaline returning as their fight or flight instinct were suddenly triggered by the sudden shift.

Masky huffed as he appeared annoyed yet wary. "..All you need to know is we're here to either kill or obtain you for the boss." he answered gruffly, making you narrow your watchful eyes at him, seeing the way he acted and held himself like he was another person compared to when he didn't have the mask on.

"Obtain?.." you emphasised in question, to have someone be sent to kill you or try to make you their victim wasn't surprising in this town as an undercover serial killer. But to have someone send people to abduct you was new.

"What am I some kind of collectible for your boss to obtain?.." you grunted out as you looked at them like you were looking into their souls. A deadly glare that drilled on their entire being as they struggled to maintain their composure.

"You could say that.." Hoodie muttered out in response as he leaned on the wall next to the blinds covered window with his hands in his pockets.

His comment made you scoff, offended but choosing to roll your eyes and shrugged him off.

"I don't know what kind of ward patients party your boss has going on, but i want no part of it."

"We never said you had a choice. This is a mission not a negotiation."  Masky butt in with a stern tone and expression as he stepped up to you.

"You talk big shit for someone who's in my turf and failed his mission already with his little pal." You responded monotonously. This seemed to tick him off as he glowered at you with two enraged steps forward.

Brows raises in amusement you leaned back with your arms draped over the sofa without a care in the world.

The eye sockets of his mask were filled with a shadow that hid the very little exposure his face had to form expressions.

"What? Did a few words bruise your titanic ego?" You taunted as his hands curled into a fist by his sides.

Hoodie warily pushed himself off the wall as he observed how his friend's composure was slowly clawed away little by little by mere taunts.

While you seemed to be having the time of your life, watching his fists shake in silent anger as he held back his rage to seem professional.

Hoodie stepped closer to Masky as he reached out to him in order to ground him, but was too late as Masky's patience snapped.

Masky lunged at you, blade in hand as he gripped a fistful of your collar in his shaking fists.  Blade pressed up your neck as you looked at him dead in the eyes.

His eyes narrowed at the eye contact. It made him hesitate as he silently questioned why.

Perhaps it was the fearless stare you sent his way as you faced possible death. Or maybe it was his conscious mind reminding him what he was here for.

Either way, he stayed silent with heavy breaths behind the mask. Shaking hands around his blade as he tried to decipher his reasons for his hesitance.

He was in this position because you let him. He was at your mercy. But his ego couldn't bare that fact as he felt a firm grip land on his shoulder.

He reluctantly broke eye contact as he turned his head to face Hoodie whom shook his head in protest to his lack of professionalism.

Masky sent a glare his way before he looked back at you whom continued staring with a face void of emotion as he recoiled at the sight. Coming back to his senses he let go of your collar and retreated his drawed blade from your neck and scoffed.

Despite his retreat, you continued to stare as you flattened your crumpled collar. Tense silence filled the room but apparently it was only evident to the two men.

"Why must you be so insufferable." Masky grumbled as Hoodie warily gripped his shoulder to make sure he didn't lunge at you again.

"Is that rhetorical or do you want an actual answer?" You mumbled as you took a casual sip from your soda can.

Masky only grunted as Hoodie sighed at you and his companions banters.

A beat of silence ensued.

"Who's your boss?" You cut through the tense silence.

"That's classified." Masky answered through gritted teeth.

"And you don't have much of a choice." You argued. "Answer or die. I'm a simple person." Words followed by another sip of your fizzy drink.

The two men glanced at each other in wordless communication.

"I think you and i know we'd rather die than live face his wrath."