8- The Fated Tournament!

--- a few years ago, when Joe, Adam, Cherry and Luna were in high school ---

"Oh my. Just when I truly believed I'd met my match" Adam says as he skates against some other kid, a white mask covering his face, "someone who could keep up with me. I was right. It was worth loving you. Join me. Let's go away. For a world made only for us".

The two of them turn a corner on the top of a cliff as Adam makes it around safely, the guy racing against him falling down the side of it. Adam stops as he turns around, skating over to the edge as he looks down at the boy.

"Hey, are you okay?" Joe asks as he and Cherry arrive on their bikes.

"So the rumours about him were true after all" Cherry says angrily, "Adam! Why are you doing something like this? First Luna, now this kid!".

"I truly thought I could replace my one love" Adam says as he looks down at Cherry.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Joe asks as he looks up at Adam.

"Isn't there someone made for me?" Adam asks as he takes his mask off, "when will I ever find my eve?".

"Adam" Luna says softly as she walks up to Adam.

"Luna" Adam says as he runs to Luna, taking her into his arms, "I thought you had seriously injured yourself after our last race".

"I was. I broke a bone in my neck, Adam. That was because of you" Luna says as she pushes Adam off of her, "I can't race anymore. To be honest, I'm surprised I'm even here right now. But, I guess I had to come to tell the three of you something".

"Luna" Adam says softly.

"I'm moving to Canada on graduation day. I won't be here for it. I think this is the last time the three of us will see each other apart from school. And I'm not coming back here. I can't. I can't face you" Luna says as she looks at Adam, "I'm sorry. But I'm not skating anymore. And I'm not a founding member of 'S' anymore either".

"Luna, wait" Cherry says as the three of them watch Luna walk away.

--- at 'S' Crazy Rock ---

"Look at the board. These are all the first pairings" someone in the crowd says as the board lights up.

"I'm in a heat against Shadow?" someone asks in disbelief.

"Hey, I don't see your name" another person asks as they look at their friend.

"Neither of us are facing Adam up front" Joe says as he looks at the board.

"I'll get there" Cherry says confidently, "I just have to keep on winning".

"I applied but my name is nowhere to be seen. Adam's just scared" Luna says as she walks over.

"What're you gonna do?" Joe asks as he looks at Luna.

"Oh, I'm still racing against the little bastard. Even if it means ruining this huge tournament, I'll do it" Luna says confidently.

"If you're in the top two of your group, you'll move onto the main tournament" Miya says with a small smile.

"That sounds easy enough" Shadow says with a smirk.

"Langa" Miya says as he spots Langa, "I thought Reki would be with you. But I guess he decided not to race after all".

"That's right. He's not" Langa says calmly.

"What happened?" Miya asks as he looks at Langa.

"We, uh--" Langa says as he looks down.

"I bet he's still being a wiener about Adam" Shadow says smugly.