10- DAP Not Needing Words

"Langa!" Miya shouts as he spots Langa looking around.

"Hey Miya. Have you seen Reki?" Langa asks as he comes over to Miya.

Who? Oh, the red headed kid who raced against Mr Inosuke.

Snake says as he walks past Langa and Miya.

"I heard him shout for me" Langa says as he looks at Miya, "he's gotta be here somewhere. I'm positive".

"He probably dipped out" Miya says as he looks away, "maybe he's tired of hanging out with you. You're in the way. I gotta go, my turn is next. Throw a leash on that dude and drag him to the next match if you find him. I really wanna see him there. He deserves to watch me become the champion".

The siren blares as Miya and Snake line up. The lights turn from red to green as Snake and Miya set off, Miya taking the lead.

"He promised me" Miya says as he looks ahead, "that jerk".

Miya spots some rocks up ahead as Snake overtakes him and speeds up. Miya watches worriedly as Snake manages to dodge all of the rocks, making it look like he's dancing with ease.

"He looks like he's dancing" Miya says as he doesn't take his eyes off of Snake, "kind of like Adam".

What the--? There's no way I can catch him!

Miya says as Snake continues to weave around the rocks.

"Are you watching this?" someone in the crowd asks.

"He's so cool!" another person shouts.

Rock bottom. The worst feeling. Something you can absolutely relate to.

Snake says as he squeezes his eyes shut.

--- in Snake and Adam's past ---

Snake comes up the side of the empty pool in the back garden of Adam's mansion as he lands on the side. He looks around when he spots Adam, knees tucked to his chest, his head down. He realises Adam is crying as he walks over to him.

"Do you wanna try?" Snake asks as he holds his skateboard out to Adam, "I can show you how".

Adam looks at Snake as he takes the skateboard from him.

As I was a servant's child, it was always considered taboo for me to interact with Mr Inosuke. However, time and time again, Mr Inosuke would sneak around in order to spend time with me. He loved the board and it became Mr Inosuke's one and only hobby. His lifeline to another world. And yet, I wish I had never taught him how to skate. I feel like he could have taken on any other hobby if it wasn't for someone like me. At least then the senior Master wouldn't have made him quit. It's my fault. I lead Mr Inosuke down the wrong path. And that's why I'll make sure you never skate again.

--- present day at 'S' ---

Snake makes it over the finish line as he beats Miya. He stops as he looks up at Adam who looks down at him from the balcony.

--- the next day at Reki's grandma's house ---

"Why are you such an idiot?" Reki's little sister complains.

"Aww. So sweet" Reki says sarcastically.

Reki gets ready for school as he puts on his shoes.

"I'm out" Reki says as he leaves the house.

He accidently kicks his skateboard on the way out, tripping over it as he looks back at it. He starts to walk off, just before turning around, grabbing it and running off again.