The Walk Back

Back to Y/N's POV :

           I was walking out of school when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I heard a familiar voice, and I realized that it was Dream. I turned around to see him a little breathless. " Can I walk you home?" he asks with a chuckle in his voice. I giggled. "Sure" I reply. I walk out of the school with him behind me. We reached the bus stop, and I see that the next bus is coming in twenty minutes. I sit down on a bench and pull out my headphones and books. I start to read until someone takes out my headphones, I look up to see who it is, of course, it's Dream.

     "Give them back," I say, staring daggers at him. He pulled my phone out of my lap and he wraps my headphones around it. I watch in horror as he puts it in his pocket. I look back into my book, trying to think about what to do. I see a hand appear in front of my face, and I grip my book tighter. I look at him, and say "no." He nods yes and he yanks the book out of my hands. I stare at him, mouth open as he puts it on the edge of the bench. "You're disrupting my peace," I say. "Are you a library book? 'Cause I can't stop checking you out." He says. I see the bus coming about five minutes early, so I stand up, grab my book, and wait for the bus to arrive. Once the bus comes to a stop before me, I get on, turn around, and tell him to get on too. 

      "Did you hate it that much?" I started, ignoring him, walking to the back of the bus. "Wanna go out with me?" I sit down and continue reading my book. After one or two minutes of reading, I look up and stared at him. "What?"I say surprised. "Do you wanna go out with me?" He repeats. I feel my face getting red and start stammering over my words. "Um, w-when?" 

    "Wednesday," He says. "This Wednesday?" I ask. He nods with a stupid smirk on his face. "Sure" I reply. We started talking, and after what felt like forever, we arrived at my stop. "Do you wanna- uh- walk with me? Or uh-" I say, standing up from my seat. "Yeah," He says, taking my hand and leading me out of the bus. The bus leaves when we crossed the road.

    Once we arrived at my house, he walks me to the door and I try to speak while pointing to the door, when he pulls me into a hug, which I was not expecting. He gives me back my things and starts walking away. I take out my key, go inside, and start running up the stairs. I ran up the stairs and I arrive at my room. I went inside my room, dropped my belongings on the floor, and threw myself on the bed. I pulled out my phone and started calling my only real friend, Maylene.

    I told her all about Dream since she knows about my crush. We talked for hours until I heard my uncle get home. "Food!" He calls out. I said I had to go and quickly hung up the phone. I ran downstairs, walked to the kitchen, and saw that he had laid the food out. I got a plate and asked what it is. "Indian. Now hurry up, get some, and get the fuck out!" He yelled. I start getting food on my plate and yelled back. "Damn, you don't have to be an ass about it!" 

   "I get paid to look after you, not like you, you entitled motherfucker!" He yelled back. I start walking out of the kitchen, yelling back, "Grandma never treated you like this, so why are you treating me this way? Oh I know, maybe because you were so jealous of my dad, you never went out and got a life!" I grabbed a spoon and ran up to my room. I opened my laptop and started watching Ladybird for the sixtieth time. 

         Once the movie was done, I went downstairs, put my plate away, and got a glass of water. I went back to my room and put the glass of water on my nightstand. I took a towel from my closet and went to the bathroom to start my shower. I go to the sink to brush my teeth and wash my face while the shower heats up. As soon as I'm done, I quickly undress and walk into the shower. But, all I could think about was Dream. I couldn't stop thinking about how he hugged me and how he held my hands. I almost completely forgot that I was in the shower. I got out and pulled on my favorite pajamas.

They were the ones that my mother gave to me

They were the ones that my mother gave to me. They're the last thing I have that reminds me of her. I almost started tearing up thinking about her. But, before I could actually start crying, I quickly hopped into bed and drank a sip of my water then, I fell asleep thinking happily about my crush. 

End of Chapter 4