Chapter Four

I groaned as I lay on the ground, "Alastor, are you alright? Where are we?" I heard Alastor groan, "I'm fine. I'm not sure where we are. Please don't get up until I find a way out. You hit the ground extremely hard." I didn't respond, I just laid there in slight pain. I faded in and out of sleep, until I felt Alastor grab my shoulder, "Meda, wake up. You need to drink this." 

I scrunched my nose, "You have no idea where we are yet you want me to drink something that we don't know what it does or is?" I sat up and gasped as I saw an extremely small Ast, "What the hell?" 

Alastor nods, "It's the only way out sister. Please." I groaned and drank what Alastor told me, only to cough and shrink. "What on earth? This is so extraordinary." Alastor unlocks the door and I gasp, looking at the wonderous image that my eyes take in. Alastor grabs my hand as we start walking forward. 

"Curiouser and curiouser," Ast mutters as we both watch an actual horsefly and dragonfly. We continue walking until I gasp, seeing some creatures. Ast stops and pushes me behind him as a female white rabbit speaks up with glee, "I told you he's the right Alastor." 

A male dormouse doesn't look amused, "I am not convinced." I look at the creatures some more and see some male flowers, a female blue dodo bird, and a set of twin girls. "How is that for gratitude? I've been up there for weeks, trailing one Alastor after the next, and I was almost eaten by other animals. Can you imagine? They go about entirely unclothed, and they do their shukm in public. I had to avert my eyes," The white rabbit said.

"He doesn't look anything like himself," A male flower speaks up and the dormouse has had enough, "That's because he's the wrong Alastor! And he's brought a girl with him! How much worse can it get?" 

I smiled at the male dormouse, "I like your sword sir." The dormouse looks surprised, "Nevermind. The girl can stay. She's respectful and beautiful." I blush and hid my face in Alastor's shoulder as he chuckles at my reaction. 

"If he was, he might be." "If he isn't, he ain't." The twins speak after one another and I giggle, knowing who these two remind me of. "But if he were so, he would be." "But he isn't, nohow." Alastor looks confused, "How can I be the wrong Alastor when this is my dream?" I frown, "Ast? This was the dream you always had?" Ast nods, "Every other night." 

I look around, "How can this be a dream if I am here, completely conscious?" Alastor ignores my comment, "And who are you, if I might ask?" The twin on our right spoke up, "Oh, I'm Tabitha, she's Tracy." Tracy speaks up and nods, "Contrariwise, I'm Tracy, she's Tabitha." I giggle at them, I guess all twins are like this. 

The female dodo rolls her eyes, "We should consult Absolem." The flower speaks up again, "Exactly! Absolum will know who he is exactly." I felt something on my shoulder and looked over to see the dormouse, I ignore everything that the twins tell my brother. "Hello love. My name is Matthew, but you can call me Matt." 

I smile and nod my head politely, "Hello Mr. Matt." Matt smiles, "Just Matt love. Let's follow them to Absolum. Maybe he can tell us why you followed your brother down here. You look familiar by the way." I giggled at his rant as I followed the twins and the white rabbit, coughing as we enter a cloud of blue smoke. 

Alastor walks forward as everyone hangs back and Absolum, a blue caterpillar, speaks, "Who are you?" Alastor tilts his head in confusion, "Absolum?" The caterpillar looks annoyed, "You're not Absolum. I'm Absolum. The question is who are you?" Alastor coughs as Absolum blows smoke in his face, "Alastor and this is my sister Andromeda." Everyone around us gasps at my name and I look confused. 

"Andromeda of Marmoreal. She's here!" The white rabbit, who I found out is named Nirvana  McTwisp said with glee. Absolum glared at Alastor, "We shall see." He then looked at me, "My queen. It's so glad to finally meet you." I look around, "I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not a queen." Absolum hums, "But you are. Destined to marry King Maverick of Marmoreal. The White King. He's been waiting for you." I just blink at him, not sure why that name gives me a safe feeling. Matt glowers, "But that also means that the Red King is waiting to make you his. That arrogant fool. Doesn't know that what he's doing is wrong." 

Alastor sneers, "No one is marrying my sister. I won't allow it." I set a hand softly on Ast's arm, "Dearest brother. Father used to say that trying to escape destiny is like trying to swim tied down. It doesn't work. I'm sure King Maverick is a good and fair king. Besides, I've been having a dream about a man lately and his name makes me feel safe." Nirvana nods, "King Maverick is supposed to be King of Underland, but King Ian became hungry for power and now holds the crown in his possession."

Alastor furrows his eyebrows as if he remembered something and turns to Absolum, "What do you mean by that? I ought to know who I am." Absolum nods, "Yes, you ought, stupid boy. Unroll the Oraculum." I glare at Absolum, "Don't call my brother stupid. That's my job." 

Alastor nudges me in the side with a playful frown, "Rude." Matt and Nirvana unroll the parchment and Nirvana explains, "The Oraculum, being a calendrical compendium of Underland." Alastor leans forward, "It's a calendar." Absolum corrects him, "Compendium." I look at all the moving events, spotting one where Alastor is slaying something and one where I am embracing a handsome man. Another where I am trying to get away from another man.

"It tells of each and every day since the Beginning," Absolum states. Nirvana nods, "Today is Griblig Day in the time of the Red King." Absolum leans forward, "Show him the Frabjous Day."

Nirvana guides us to the correct day and I just stare, seeing my brother fight a dragon-like beast. Tracy nods, "Mmm. Yeah, Frabjous being the day you slay the Jabberwocky." Alastor turns and looks at her confused, "Sorry? Slay a what?" Tabitha grins and points, "Oh, yeah! That being you there, with the Vorpal Sword." Tracy nods, "No other swords can kill the Jabberwocky nohow." Tabitha adds, "If it ain't Vorpal, it ain't dead." 

Alastor widens his eyes and backs away, "That's not me!" I zone out, staring at the picture of the man I'm embracing. He's handsome and has a sweet smile. I smile softly, feeling that safe feeling again. I'm brought back as I feel Alastor pull me away with the others. 

Everyone started arguing about how Alastor isn't the right one and I just stand there very awkwardly. Something growls and slams through a brick wall and I shriek. Alastor holds me tight and we stare at the creature in confusion. "Bandersnatch!" The twins shriek and hide as Alastor runs, with me in tow. 

Alastor suddenly stops, "Wait." I pale, "Ast! Now isn't the time to think this isn't real! Please! Before you get hurt!" I'm ignored as the Bandersnatch stops in front of us and bats me off to the side. 

I groan as I slam into a mushroom, watching as the Bandersnatch claws Alastor. "Meda!" Alastor calls out. "Alastor! Just run as far as you can! I'll be fine, just get out of here!" Alastor runs off with the twins as the cards and a woman on horseback, rides over, gets off, and grabs the Oraculum. I sit still, well in slight discomfort as there are bloody spears pointed at me.

The woman looks at the Oraculum and then glances at me with a sneer, "Andromeda. You are coming with us." I'm placed on the horse and we run off to where ever we are going. 

Please be safe and smart Alastor.