05 | pancake bonding time

"Today's going to be a good day," Carwyn beamed as he dragged me to the hospital parking lot with an unnatural pep in his step

Today was the first day we were going to pursue my bucket list, and instead of listening to my pleas to start sometime during the afternoon like reasonable people, Carwyn insisted we start fresh!

And unfortunately, I had to go to the hospital with Sae at five in the morning since she had an early surgery. I had a solid plan to sleep in one of the on-call rooms, but somehow the world just fucking aligned for Carwyn to be there with Dr. Clem at the same time.

Basically, we ran into each other in the lobby, I couldn't reject him in front of their guardians, and now I'm stuck with an annoying morning person at ass o'clock.

"To think I could be sleeping right now," I grumbled, practically dragging my feet against the pavement as we approached Carwyn's car.

"Well cheer up," Carwyn said, joining me inside. "As a thanks for getting up and joining me, I'll feed you, how does that sound?"

"Why are you making it sound like I'm some caged animal?" I frowned, watching as Carwyn started the engine, already reversing. Someone was in an enthusiastic mood.

"Do you want food or not?" Carwyn glanced over at me only to be met with a deep scowl.

"Well, duh. You're dragging me out against my will!" I rolled my eyes. "Where are you even taking me anyway?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay technically you consented, so I'm not taking you out against your will," Carwyn said in a matter of fact way. "Also, it's a secret. You'll see if you stay patient."

"'You'll see if you stay patient',"I mimicked him in a high-pitched voice, my nose scrunching.

Carwyn gave me a 'really' look. I shrugged, pretending I didn't do anything wrong. "Oh come on now stop being a kid. It's part of your bucket list if that makes you feel better."

"I still feel like I'm being kidnapped," I shook my head, glancing out the window and really considering barrel rolling out of here. If it kills him, it would be a bummer, but hey, I would go out with a bang at least.

"Would it change anything if I say I'm taking you to a diner?"

"Just say we're getting smoothies again, you fucking health freak," I mumbled, jabbing my thumb behind my shoulder to the backseat.

"Fuck you. It's actually real food and I'm not a—,"

"—And before you argue, don't think I haven't already noticed your gear back there. It smells like man musk."

"Is it a good man musk?" Carwyn wiggled his bushy brows at him. I grimaced.

"It smells like fucking elephant ass." I shot back. "Like elephant ass smothered with sweat."