. . .Chapter Four . .

Fable sighed in relief. Sequoia gave him a warm smile and sped up again, leaving him to marinate in his thoughts. The SapWing village crept up on him slowly, and he realized that this is how Sundew must have felt - must be feeling right now, he corrected himself. As the four LeafWings walked farther into the village, Fable had a strange sense of familiarity; he could almost swear he had been here before; except, of course, that was crazy. He never had before and he may never again.

Fable was instantly saddened at the prospect of having to go back home, to his family, and leaving behind this world he had loved for so long.

But, of course, these dragons are your real family. A whisper snaked throughout the trees, ingraving itself in Fable's mind.

Of course, Fable found himself agreeing before he could think twice. Woah. He shook himself. What was that?

Except, of course, he knew exactly what - who - it was. Fable's jaw clenched as a picture of Hawthorn popped into his mind. He had no clue if it was the right picture, as his only source for imaging had been Google.

Fable's head snapped up as though someone had grabbed it in their talons and forced it up. His gaze locked onto a specific tree house. Home.

What? Fable shook himself hard. What is happening to me?

He was broken out of his thoughts when Sequoia launched into the air and beckoned for him to follow her. Fable hesitantly unfurled his wings and flapped. He found it fairly easy as he flew behind the Queen to where Hazel was awaiting them.

It's like that article I read once; humans know exactly how to wag their tail, they just don't have one. Fable twitched his tail back and forth and grinned to himself. I think I'm going to like this very much.

[] 314 words; sorry for the short chapter, just wanted to get something out of the way today []