. .Chapter Five. .

Fable flew slowly, getting the feeling of his wings drifting through open air. It was exhilarating. The short flight was over way too quickly for him; it was as if he was a small dragonet learning flight dynamics for the first time. He didn't want to stop, and when Sequoia abruptly folded in her wings and began the descent, he began whining to himself under his breath.

Yes, Fable knew it was an immature thing for a fifteen year old, and his father would surely yell at him if he was back home - but his father WASN'T here, and Fable could do whatever he liked. That was part of the reason why he only quit his whining once he landed and was in earshot of the Queen. Fable definitely didn't want this dragon he respected to think less of him.

Sundew and Willow touched down shortly after Fable, and they all wordlessly began to enter the giant tree house. Fable had never been one for tree houses, but as he entered this one, he instantly knew he simply had to have one of his own.

Fable must have looked quite awed, because Sundew walked up beside him and whispered in a tone that wasn't audible to anyone but Fable.

"It's awesome, right?" Sundew mumbled, surprisingly with no hint of sarcasm, which was an unusual thing for the LeafWing.

"Er, yeah, it is," Fable whispered back, surprised that the snarky LeafWing would consider talking to him - a SapWing, he reminded himself - for even a second longer than was necessary.

Sundew looked at Fable strangely, and he realized he must have been slipping back into his human self for a moment - he found himself on two legs somehow.

Fable giggled awkwardly and quickly dropped back to all fours. "Just a trick I've been practicing," he said airly, waving it off. As he walked towards the others who were gathered around Hazel, he spotted Sundew out of the corner of his eye, trying to prop herself up using only two legs.

She fell to the ground instantly, and Fable struggled at holding in his laughter. Sundew righted herself quickly and walked behind Fable, pretending she had always been there.

"Fable!" Hazel skipped over to him, greeting him cheerfully.

"Hi?" Fable asked curiously as she swept him into a hug. He returned the hug, wrapping his wings around Hazel as she squeezed him so tightly he was struggling to breathe. "Three moons," Fable gasped, his wings flapping helplessly a bit at his sides.

"Ack, sorry," Hazel cheeped, looking down at her feet with an embarrassed look on her face.

"Hey, it's okay," Fable managed to get out once he had regained his breath. He placed a talon gently on Hazel's shoulder. Fable could have sworn her face turned almost pink, but he blinked, and everything was back to normal.

"Hey, lovebirds, cut it out," Sequoia sighed wearily. Fable jumped away from Hazel and Hazel was just absolutely frozen.

[] 494 words, I've had bad writers block for a while []