Chapter 17: Solo (Part 1)

Hello everyone, 

Happy Solo day! I'm so excited, I can't wait. I worked on this short chapter at the last minute for the occasion. I hope you like it. 

There will be more to come after I hear the songs. 

Have a good friday everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragging himself through the front door, Haein came home to Jisoo after a long, tiring day at work. He glanced around the dimly lit living room and gently placed his heavy bag and tumbler on a nearby table. All he wanted was to relax with Jisoo, take a hot shower to wash away the day's stress, and lose himself in her comforting arms. But something just didn't feel right this time.

The air was thick with the sweet scent of flowers, coming from flickering candles all around the room. The lavender aroma was a favorite of Jisoo's for times when she needed some peace and quiet. Yet, as soothing as the scent was, it barely helped Haein shake off the uneasy feeling growing inside him.

Haein couldn't help but wonder why she had lit these candles during the day, as they were usually reserved for nights when she needed a break from her busy life. As a sinking feeling settled in his stomach, he picked up on faint sobs coming from within the apartment. The soft sound instantly sent waves of worry through him.

Driven by concern, Haein forgot all about wanting to relax and hurried towards the source of the heartbreaking noise – Jisoo's bedroom. With each step he took, her cries grew louder and more intense, tearing at his heartstrings every second they went on.

As he reached the bedroom door, Haein paused for just a second, feeling a mix of anticipation and anxiety about what might be waiting for him inside. He gently placed his hand on the cool wooden door, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath to calm himself. With a newfound determination, he carefully pushed the door open and stepped into the dimly lit room. He found his girlfriend curled up on the bed, tears streaming down her face as she clutched her hello kitty doll in her arms.

"Jisooya, what's going on?" Haein inquired softly, his face full of worry as he approached her.

"Oppa, why are you here so early?" Jisoo stammered, taken aback by his sudden presence and feeling self-conscious about the freak-out session she wanted to hide from others.

"Don't worry about that. Why are you crying?" Haein questioned gently, kneeling down beside her and tenderly stroking her cheek with his hand.

Her eyes brimmed with tears, red and swollen from crying, as she desperately sought comfort yet hesitated to reveal her fears. "I don't know if I can handle this," Jisoo choked out between sobs. Haein's anxiety skyrocketed, worried she might break up with him again. Now is not the time to panic, Haein! he scolded himself mentally.

With a deep breath, Haein gently asked, "What's wrong, baby?" Jisoo couldn't answer through her tears. Haein climbed onto the bed and tenderly embraced her, trying to comfort her. He whispered softly, "Breathe, jagiya! everything will be okay." They stayed like that for a while until Jisoo's shaky breaths finally calmed down.

"I might just let down a million people! Have you ever done that, Oppa?" she whispered softly. Haein bit back a laugh, wondering who on earth she was talking about.

"No, Jisooya," he replied jokingly. "I've only ever disappointed six to ten people: my parents, grandparents, you, Haejoon, some teachers and maybe a friend or two." His joking tone made Jisoo swat his chest as she tried to wiggle out of his hug. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked with a grin.